file Submission: Camarilla Conclave

29 Aug 2017 00:51 #83272 by Boris The Blade
Fun fact: technically, First Tradition does not burn pool :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2017 11:27 #83281 by Kraus

The main beef I have with this card is the recursion effect, which could be used to infinitely recur Parity Shifts and Kine Resource Contested.

I agree. Recursion is almost always an extremely strong effect in any CCG, not just VTES. A recursion effect was even recently banned in VTES (Anthelios) also.

Slightly offtopic: if there would be new politically related cards introduced, I think they should be aimed at Sabbat and not Camarilla. I have been terribly vexed that Sabbat voting is pretty much strictly inferior to Camarilla. Sabbat doesn't have any actually good political actions that are exclusive to Sabbat(there is basically only auto da fe), and it can't play the best cards (parity shift, alastor). Even if you make a sabbat vote deck, it uses the exact same cards as Camarilla (kine etc), which I find extremely boring. Just for flavor reasons, I think there should be some sabbat-specific political cards introduced.

Mathematically speaking, there are two votes for Sabbat that have the potential to remove a great deal of blood from the table, but they just aren't good enough in practice: Public Vilification and Deploy the Hand. Both have powerful effects, like actually powerful, but they don't directly deal with blood and have pretty hard restrictions.

I'd really love to see someone make a powerful deck with these, but they just don't compare that favorably to raw pool damage. Sad.

But then again, that's a challenge for someone willing to try it! A combat Regent deck with blood control around the board and... oh god it's never going to happen. :(

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
08 Sep 2017 00:54 #83436 by jblacey
Updated.

There are currently only 10 cards that this version of the card can target. The big two are Fifth Tradition: Hospitality and Fourth Tradition: The Accounting. Neither of which are bad cards but they almost never see play. This version is nearly identical as the Sabbat version but Camarilla currently have very few sect specific actions. I am hoping that will change in the future.

Camarilla Conclave
Master
2 pool
Master: unique location
You may lock this card after a vampire successfully uses an action requiring a Camarilla vampire, to unlock the acting vampire. As a discard phase action, you may exchange a card in your hand for an action card requiring a Camarilla vampire, in your ash heap.

More
08 Sep 2017 07:44 #83439 by Ankha
Parity Shift requires a Camarilla vampire, as it requires a Prince or Justicar (see the Baron/anarch analogy with CrimethInc.)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Sep 2017 09:21 #83440 by Ashur
I personally think we should be VERY restrictive with card recursion in VTES. Switching a card is not enough IMHO - I would say a cost of 1 blood from a vamp OR 1 pool OR tapping a vamp in addition to the card "payed".

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
08 Sep 2017 10:31 #83441 by ReverendRevolver

I personally think we should be VERY restrictive with card recursion in VTES. Switching a card is not enough IMHO - I would say a cost of 1 blood from a vamp OR 1 pool OR tapping a vamp in addition to the card "payed".

Im not a fan of much more text on this card, but adding another requirement (requires a ready Primigen) to the beginning and requiring the discarded card be either a Master (once again a real drawback with Anthelios out of the picture) or making you pitch a card of the same type are less wordy extra restrictions.......

Which it unfortunately needs. Parity shift, bloat to a younger vamp, recurring judgement: cam seg, ready access to extra second trads if you're walling up, and less likely but still annoying are things like archon (which nobody burns for some reason) anathema, and I'm sure something else but I haven't checked secret library on the subject.
Bright side, at least PTO isnt going to recur with it........

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds