file [Submission] Incitement

25 May 2018 21:04 #87528 by brandonsantacruz
Incitement
Action
1 blood
Requires an anarch
(D) bleed at +2 bleed. If this minion would burn during this action they are moved to the uncontrolled region instead.

WoD reference: In VtM anarchs raise hell and have ways to hide from the inevitable backlash.

Art notes: A screenshot of a Facebook group dedicated to overthrowing the government

Flavor Text: The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.
-Eric Schmidt

www.brainyquote.com/quotes/eric_schmidt_102325?src=t_anarchy

Why this card?
-Most anarch cards are wallpaper, they need something powerful to do
-The anarch trait is not very powerful yet and it takes a fair amount of work to gain it. It should give you a benefit that is stronger than a basic discipline in and of itself (i.e. compare to +2 bleed cards at pre, dom).
-Anarchs could speed the game up with big bleeds

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2018 22:27 #87530 by LivesByProxy
Isn't this an Anarch Computer Hacking... but stronger?

If more weenies with the Anarch trait were printed, something like this could be very strong for all the wrong reasons. The Anarch trait will have gained value, not because it offered access to cool and powerful effects, but just because it enables easy big bleeds from weenies.

IDK I'm still new.

Fun Fact: There are no cards with 'Riot' in the name, which is the flavor this card implies, to me.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
26 May 2018 02:50 - 26 May 2018 02:50 #87531 by brandonsantacruz

Isn't this an Anarch Computer Hacking... but stronger?

If more weenies with the Anarch trait were printed, something like this could be very strong for all the wrong reasons. The Anarch trait will have gained value, not because it offered access to cool and powerful effects, but just because it enables easy big bleeds from weenies.

IDK I'm still new.

Fun Fact: There are no cards with 'Riot' in the name, which is the flavor this card implies, to me.

Yeah, a beefed-up computer hacking. Compare it to clan cards like Founders of the Ebony Kingdom and Guruhi are the Land and title cards like No Secrets, Second Tradition, and Under Siege. It is certainly not beyond those cards' power level.

If you are an anarch bleed deck you should definitely consider playing this card. You could even do it if you play DOM obf anarchs or something like that. Obf for support and they would use Incitement. I chose that name because I was thinking of internet groups that mobilize to do stuff that would otherwise be too extreme to coordinate. The anarchs are inciting people to violence.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edit: 26 May 2018 02:50 by brandonsantacruz.

More
26 May 2018 21:49 - 26 May 2018 21:50 #87545 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic [Submission] Incitement
I think this card is too strong. Mainly because it enables every clan in the game to have a +2 bleed action. That would change things considerably across the board. Anarch have already gotten almost too much good stuff lately in my opinion.

I played a malk SB deck this weekend. Its +2 bleed action would be Madman's quill which requires two disciplines. This would be automatically better. Even better, it could be played together with cards like memory rift; +2 bleed at +1 stealth, a titled vampire cannot block and you have optional S:CE if you get blocked. :S Come on.... too good.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 26 May 2018 21:50 by Bloodartist.

More
26 May 2018 23:09 #87547 by LivesByProxy
I feel like it would be better if it provided less bleed and a different bonus effect. You mention the Anarchs having to hide from the inevitable backlash, but I don't think your bonus effect really captures the idea of backlash. I mean, it can't be backlash if the action was never successful in the first place.

Incitement
Requires an Anarch :anarch:
(d) Bleed at +1 bleed. If successful, your prey must block the next bleed action that occurs this minion phase if able.

But then I got to thinking, what if the Anarchs didn't care about the backlash? What if this action were the event that sparked the whole over-throw of the corrupt establishment, man?

Incitement
Requires an Anarch :anarch:
(d) Bleed at +1 bleed. If successful, put this card into play. While this card is in play, mortal allies get +X bleed, where X is their strength. Any Camarilla :camarilla: vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +2 stealth action.

That way you can incite the locals to stick it to The Man. Go get The Knights, The Bruisers, the Goth Bands, the Young Bloods, your Loyal Street Gangs, Gypsies, Terrorists, Arms Dealers, the Rabble (there needs to be a 'The Rabble' card) and your Muddled Vampire Hunters, Neighborhood Watch Commanders, Political Antagonists, and Escaped Mental Patients. Not the Slashers though. They're weak. :lol:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
27 May 2018 06:22 - 27 May 2018 06:23 #87552 by brandonsantacruz
Some ideas are better in theory than in practice. See The Knights, The Bruisers, Goth Band, Loyal Street Gang, Gypsy, Terrorist, Arms Dealer, Neighborhood Watch Commander, Political Antagonist, The Slayers, and Escaped mental patient.

+2 bleed can be used quite effectively, as can not having Archon Investigation on you while doing it. You can also set up a Daring the Dawn bleed that would burn you in order to come back to the uncontrolled region. For example:

DOM for minion with 2 blood bleeds using incitement. Daring the Dawn makes the action unblockable by vampires. Command of the Beast and Conditioning gives another +4 bleed, for a total of 7. Bounce if you want, but this bleed is probably landing somewhere. My vampire would burn, but instead goes to the uncontrolled region. During my influence phase I pay 4 to bring them out again. Rinse and repeat.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edit: 27 May 2018 06:23 by brandonsantacruz.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds