file Cities of the World

12 Jun 2018 16:06 - 12 Jun 2018 16:07 #88126 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Cities of the World

Sheriff is vaguely interesting, and could be built on but is really cramping on the style of No Secrets from the Magaji. Untap+intercept is their thing, as opposed to Second Tradition.

Sheriff could be some sort of camarilla-equivalent of the Abbot (+1 intercept vs d-actions).
Interesting idea: +1 intercept vs hunt, anybody?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 12 Jun 2018 16:07 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2018 08:46 #88143 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Cities of the World

Unfortunately less than marginal.

AFAIK, a Sheriff is a feared badass in a city. If a card is made for that title then I think it should reflect that.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
13 Jun 2018 10:38 #88145 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Cities of the World

Unfortunately less than marginal.

AFAIK, a Sheriff is a feared badass in a city. If a card is made for that title then I think it should reflect that.

Not by itself, but as an added flavor on the card. +1 intercept vs hunt would symbolize guarding the city for unsanctioned hunts..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
13 Jun 2018 11:13 #88148 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Cities of the World
Can any of those titles be granted to princes or primogens in the lore?

Something similar to Abbot would be interesting. If those titles are actually given by princes, make them like:

Sheriff
+1 Stealth Action
Requires a non-prince Camarilla vampire. If succesful, unlock this acting vampire and attach to it; this Camarilla vampire has +1 Intercept against undirected actions.

Or, follow the templating for Abbot. I couldn't be bothered to look it up.

As long as you're not giving Princes any more stuff, you can do a variety of things with Camarilla as a sect. Of course the abilities could be anything.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
13 Jun 2018 14:26 #88153 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Cities of the World

Can any of those titles be granted to princes or primogens in the lore?

no. Princes generally appoint a Sheriff for their city. They're basically the public face of security and generally responsible for the safety of the vampires in town. Same with all of these titles, really. Scourge, seneschal, sheriff all derive their power from the prince that appointed them.

Harpy works a little different, as while a prince can appoint a harpy, harpies basically (and I'm knowingly cutting a lot out in this explanation) exist to keep track of Boons (aka Camarillabucks). Harpies also serve to help keep the Prince from being too awful, as they generally know who knows what boons are owed to whom and will apply intrigue to serve their own needs.

In V:tes, i could see a Harpy title working a lot like the Priscus, maybe with support cards that hamper princes.

More
13 Jun 2018 18:17 - 13 Jun 2018 18:19 #88156 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Cities of the World

In V:tes, i could see a Harpy title working a lot like the Priscus, maybe with support cards that hamper princes.

You could always butcher the lore in favor of rules simplicity and give Harpies 1 Ballot to compete with Prisci.

I'd be all for prince hate within Camarilla designs.

The whole title cavalcade within a city offers a very wide horizon for unique design space. I'm curious what the designers will cook up for the next Camarilla edition. Personally I'm hoping it's something a bit more bold attempts than just slapping on raw numbers (something Lost Kindred did mostly, but no one should argue against giving more numbers to !Salubri and Samedi).

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 13 Jun 2018 18:19 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds