file [Suggestion] Sect and Title icons

06 Sep 2018 13:06 #90461 by ur_vampire
I think if you are playing on a large table, you can´t the most time see the icons of a vampire whose controller is sitting in opposite to you so I think the fastest and best way to know how much votes a players minions have is to ask. In our playgroup (and also in the ECs i meet) was the question "how many votes are on the table" normal the best and fastest way to get all information you need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2018 17:50 - 06 Sep 2018 18:14 #90468 by jblacey

I think if you are playing on a large table, you can´t the most time see the icons of a vampire whose controller is sitting in opposite to you so I think the fastest and best way to know how much votes a players minions have is to ask.

It seems to me, that if players really wanted to keep track of votes in a visual way, they could put counters on (or near) the source rather than trying to identify the title.

I am saying that changing cards has a cost. Bringing special counters that you want to use in a game does not. I'm perfectly okay with someone printing out/making counters and using them in a game. I use dice sometimes instead of counters and not sure why this should be different.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2018 18:14 by jblacey.

More
07 Sep 2018 11:08 #90478 by jamesatzephyr

As symbols for the various sects already exist, I propose to use them in the same way as we already use clan or discipline symbols. Like these, sect symbols could be used on the left border of library cards to indicate a prerequesite to play them.

Purely on a point of card layout design, the left-hand bar can already get really very crowded. Helena ADV is a particularly full example: vtes.pl/card/Promo/Helena-ADV/43066 If you had a vampire who was similar to her with a title, squeezing in a sect icon and a title icon may be tricky - especially if, as with some of the suggested designs, you want to be able to tell the difference between the number of points on a crown or similar.

If it's an idea that goes forward, it may be worth thinking about using space on the vampire more creatively. e.g. using the bottom left corner (by the group number) for a title icon.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds