Name: Versus the World
Cardtype: Master
Cost: -
Capacity: -
Discipline: -
Clan: -
Trifle. Cannot be canceled.
Put this card on a vampire.
During your unlock step, if at least three minions have left the ready region following a combat with this vampire since your previous unlock step, gain pool equal to the capacity
of this vampire and burn this card.
Only one Versus the World can be played in a game.

Flavor text: -

Art notes::
Dark figure with robes billowing in the wind, standing defiantly on top of a barren mountaintop and yelling his challenge to the world. Bit similar to banishment art, but defiant rather than despaired.

World of Darkness reference:
None directly. Rather, this card is inspired by the romantic stories where the entire world seems to be against the protagonist. Lucita de Aragon's story in WoD is reminiscent of this.

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
This card is inspired by quest cards of hearthstone, where you are required to manipulate the game state in a certain way across multiple turns. If successful, you reap a large reward.
In here the card doesn't necessarily require multiple turns to go off, but probably still involves opponents trying to play around it across multiple turns, thus leading to interesting and complex game states.

This is also intended to reward combat star vampire decks for surviving against multiple smaller minions. Combat star vampire decks tend to suffer from difficult pool management, so this is supposed to help with that, along with cool and exciting flavor. :)

"Cannot be canceled" clause: This card is too cool to be canceled.

Created by: Juha Laukkanen.

Inspirational picture:
Warning: Spoiler!

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Oct 2018 10:31 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2018 10:21 #91419 by LivesByProxy
May I suggest formatting it to use counters to keep track of combat victims? The proposed wording is kind of ambiguous. I read it as having to torpor / burn 3 minions in one turn, which would make it good for Enkidu and Matasuntha, maybe Maxwell and Karsh, but you want it to apply over multiple turns.

Neat idea though. Would enable combat heavy Nosferatu. :)

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
23 Oct 2018 10:24 - 23 Oct 2018 10:27 #91420 by Bloodartist

May I suggest formatting it to use counters to keep track of combat victims? The proposed wording is kind of ambiguous. I read it as having to torpor / burn 3 minions in one turn, which would make it good for Enkidu and Matasuntha, maybe Maxwell and Karsh, but you want it to apply over multiple turns.

Actually I didn't. The wording is intentional, and you are supposed to burn/torpor three minions within one turn to get it off. I just said that it was inspired by those kind of cards.. but I feel the challenge of three minions per turn is sufficiently difficult challenge to most decks to keep this card in check, yet achievable to combat star vampire decks. It also works against legionnaires somewhat, but of course the payoff isn't as good if you don't use a big vampire.

Last edit: 23 Oct 2018 10:27 by Bloodartist.

More
23 Oct 2018 11:56 #91422 by LivesByProxy
OK, so I read it correctly. :side:

I guess it is easier to trigger it if your predator / prey has allies. My default assumption is always vamps vs vamps.

I am torn between thinking it is to difficult to trigger and not difficult enough. Its comparable to Anathema Combat pool gain and Grave Robbing Golconda pool gain, so it isn't bad.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
23 Oct 2018 12:30 - 23 Oct 2018 12:31 #91423 by Bloodartist

I am torn between thinking it is to difficult to trigger and not difficult enough. Its comparable to Anathema Combat pool gain and Grave Robbing Golconda pool gain, so it isn't bad.

Keep in mind that the payoff is small if you use a small vampire with a magnum against allies, and you can play only one in a game. (this is why I didn't include the superfluous 'unique' text)

Last edit: 23 Oct 2018 12:31 by Bloodartist.

More
23 Oct 2018 13:03 #91425 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Suggestion: Versus the world
Seems hard to activate. If we assume people don't just walk into it for you we are looking at eagle sight blocking or multi-rush decks and it's hard to justify a critical deck slot in already clunky multi-rush. Probably best use is eagle sight perm combat, perm intercept like Anatole flamethrower eagle sight rotscrek deck.

Could be fun to laugh a lot the time you do activate it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds