file Submission: Versus the world

25 Oct 2018 12:30 #91482 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Suggestion: Versus the world

The issue for not having that text are twofold imo: You could play two of them on the same vampire and then gain double capacity's worth of pool for pulling this off ONCE.

If you 100% are against the unique clause, then you could restrict it to one per vampire. But, to be fair, 'unique' would be the easiest and shortest (text wise) way of doing this.

What's the reasoning for gaining the cap's worth of pool? If you can explain that, you can probably explain why it could be contested. :)

Think about it. It would be an elegant solution once you get over the thematic issues.

And, to be fair, it's so narrow people would super rarely contest it.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2018 15:10 #91486 by Klaital

"a methuselah can only play one".

This would be a pretty great replacement for the "only one can be played in a a game" text. I hate having blank cardboard in my decks.

Yeah because Giant's Blood totally needs to be made more powerful. And I am sure nothing bad could happen from allowing each player to play ancient influence and political stranglehold either...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
25 Oct 2018 16:18 #91487 by ReverendRevolver

"a methuselah can only play one".

This would be a pretty great replacement for the "only one can be played in a a game" text. I hate having blank cardboard in my decks.

Yeah because Giant's Blood totally needs to be made more powerful. And I am sure nothing bad could happen from allowing each player to play ancient influence and political stranglehold either...

That would be a travesty. All those are way too good, to the point of in old Malk '94 decks I used to GB the first, often full, minion I could to get around other people using it.

The submitted card is harder to get off than Anathema but easier than Becoming of Ennoia. (Seriously, you add "any number of copies of this card may be played in a game " to BoE and it still is the most terrible event printed) .
One per player isn't too much for it, as its gain takes WAY more cards and luck than: I villein/minion tap Anson/Cybele/Nana-> I GB, I minion tap (parthenon may be involved) .
At it's most basic, rushing Nocturns, you need 3 different rush, 2 unlock modifiers, and Against The World. And that's in a vacuum drawing 3 different rushes. Unique may be too good over one a game. Its trifle status makes it less liability than other things combat decks run as 1 of (Leadership Vacuum) .

More
25 Oct 2018 16:45 #91488 by jamesatzephyr
I'm 100% sympathetic to the idea, but I find the execution a bit heavy-handed, especially the cannot be cancelled part. Lots of decks have super-important cards in them which are only there for one or two copies, but which aren't uncancellable. Leaving aside Pentex (which raises people's heckles for a whole variety of reasons), some real lynch-pin master cards are out there like Week of Nightmares. It's a once per game master, it's typically a huge game changer, and in most decks it's only there for one or two copies, like this card seems intended to be. It also tends to start an arms race, such as incentivizing the creation of cards that can cancel cards even if they're uncancellable etc.

But the ability to get a significant pool bump in a not-over-the-top way seems like a fine aspiration for a card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds