file The Inconnu

27 Aug 2011 02:12 #9092 by glaswanderer
Replied by glaswanderer on topic Re: The Inconnu
Didn't create Spinal Spikes, just found it, thought it was cool, cleaned it up but didn't compare it to anything.

I got most of my list of Inconnu members from forums.gamespy.com/old_world_of_darkness/b50400/7546063/p1/?24,
and on that site Elimelech he's actually a Caitiff. Just like Abdallah, that's why he can be either Caitiff or Malkavian.

Not sure about the infernal problem. There have been sources where it is said they don't condone diablerie but don't really care if it does happen. But then there are reports of them diablerizing freely and during ceremonial events.

No one has commented on the drawback for being Inconnu: -1 stealth on bleed and political actions. Makes sense for who they are (or supposed to be). Good or bad trait?

Prince of Puyallup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2011 02:37 #9094 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: The Inconnu
As much as it streamlines the cards to have it wrapped up in the Iconnu trait, I think it would be worth printing it explicitly on the vampire.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
28 Aug 2011 16:45 #9163 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: The Inconnu

No one has commented on the drawback for being Inconnu: -1 stealth on bleed and political actions. Makes sense for who they are (or supposed to be). Good or bad trait?

I'm not sure on that. Of course the drawback makes sense regarding the background and it is cool that it reflects it. On the other hand it is very harsh, as pol.actions and bleed are the main sources of making pooldamage. That said I didn't read all the Inconnu cards well enough so maybe there are some to me hidden secrets the Inconnu can win in spite of the disadvantage.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
06 Oct 2011 12:17 #11571 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The Inconnu
I took a peek at the vamps, and I found some original abilities that could be interesting to see in print some day (in some way). Comments?

img26.imageshack.us/img26/2551/eshmunamash.jpg
"You may tap Eshmunamash during your master phase to move 3 blood or life to a minion you control (not to exceed the starting life of the ally.)"
Nice, Isanwayish ability on a big cap.

img89.imageshack.us/img89/9590/guillaumer.jpg
"After Guillaume performs a successful action, place a Golconda counter on him. During your untap phase, if the number of counters equals of exceeds his capacity, remove Guillaume from the game and gain 10 pool."
This is also very interesting on a big vamp with FOR.

img818.imageshack.us/img818/9171/mahtielthesleeper.jpg
"If Mahtiel is in torpor at the beginning of your turn, you gain 2 pool from the blood bank."
This not very funny on a 9-cap, but on a somewhat smaller vamp.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
06 Oct 2011 12:57 - 06 Oct 2011 14:01 #11572 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: The Inconnu
there is too much cards proposed to analyze one by one but I really like it as a whole. I think such expansions (meaning:
-not to many cards,
-mechanics/ requirements based on keywords, so no new rules are needed,
-gives new possibilities for deck building,
-expands existing mechanics,
-deep WoD background)
should be a future of vtes
Last edit: 06 Oct 2011 14:01 by alek.

More
13 Oct 2011 15:49 #11933 by miketheknife
Replied by miketheknife on topic Re: The Inconnu
I didn't have the chance to review the whole set, but, looking at the 50% of the cards, i really loved it, it would be nice to see this expansion as an official one.
Just some cards need playtesting review.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds