file CCP finished off White Wolf

20 Oct 2011 04:53 #12415 by PetriWessman
Yeah.. while layoffs always suck, White Wolf is still there and the plans for the next few years (WW20, new books for both oWoD and nWod, etc) are still go. This mostly affected the WoD MMORPG team, which was shrunk down to a skeleton crew.

So the thread title is flat-out wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2011 00:14 - 22 Oct 2011 00:17 #12594 by KzArashi
I don't think the thread title is wrong.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 22 Oct 2011 00:17 by KzArashi.

More
22 Oct 2011 00:15 #12595 by KzArashi
Ctrl+C Ctrl+V from ICV2 website

CCP Cuts White Wolf Staff
Slows MMOG Development
Published: 10/20/2011 01:18am

CCP has announced a 20% reduction in staff, with most of the cuts coming from the former White Wolf staff in the Atlanta area. Of the roughly 20 White Wolf employees when CCP and White Wolf merged five years ago (see “CCP and White Wolf to Merge”), six will remain after the cuts, with most of those eliminated this week.

CCP will focus on its Eve expansions and the new PS3 Eve game, Dust 514, slowing development of the long-awaited World of Darkness MMOG (see “WoD MMO in 2012”).

CCP has acknowledged that although there are more subscribers to the Eve Online game than there were a year ago, there are fewer than there were a few months ago, largely due to recent changes in the game.

CCP will continue to release some World of Darkness products, which have largely moved to digital and POD formats (see “New White Wolf Books”).

Priest of Rio de Janeiro

More
22 Oct 2011 00:21 #12596 by KzArashi
Only six employees?
Will remains only six?
Is sad.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro

More
22 Oct 2011 14:09 - 22 Oct 2011 14:10 #12609 by Lost_Heretic
The ICV2 article is questionable.

Ian Watson's confirmed the following big names from White Wolf are still there Bill Bridges, Conrad Hubbard, Chris McDonough, Matt Milberger, Ben Monk, Richard Thomas, Mike Tinney, and Eddy Webb. That's eight. I'm also fairly sure Kelly Barnes is still there. I would like to see a citation of their numbers.

The article ignores that many individuals laid off are being offered freelance contracts - hence still employed.

"CCP will continue to release some World of Darkness products..." Emphasis mine on the poor word choice. White Wolf has not cut any releases from their schedule. The article fails to report that and uses an ambiguous word.

CCP Transmedia and the White Wolf imprint remains unchanged after the cuts. Therefore, the thread's title is a logical fallacy.

I know that a lot of VTES fans are no longer White Wolf fans, and I respect that. However, please do not support the spread of misinformation.

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast
Last edit: 22 Oct 2011 14:10 by Lost_Heretic.

More
22 Oct 2011 19:21 #12627 by KevinM

Ian Watson's confirmed the following big names from White Wolf are still there Bill Bridges, Conrad Hubbard, Chris McDonough, Matt Milberger, Ben Monk, Richard Thomas, Mike Tinney, and Eddy Webb.

Where did Ian confirm this? Do you have a link for us?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds