file Trisnakes Logo

20 Feb 2012 06:15 #23613 by CryWolf
Replied by CryWolf on topic Re: Trisnakes Logo
You could generate your own SVG from a non-vector source using some webtools like www.enetzwerk.de/svg/index2.html or using http://www.ehow.com/how_7184564_convert-jpg-svg-inkscape.html. It's what we did for the Asian Continental Championships last year, to generate our logo (attached).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2012 08:09 #23625 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Trisnakes Logo
I just had bad experiences trying to convert JPGs into SVGs mostly because many of them have shadows which seem to result in a boxy-edged curve.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Feb 2012 09:57 - 20 Feb 2012 09:58 #23638 by captain1arm
Replied by captain1arm on topic Re: Trisnakes Logo
Why don't you guys, if you cannot find the logo you want at all, as a last resort. Find the logo you want, trace it, scan it into your computer and blow it up. Or find someone who can do that for you. Then you will have the logo the size and way you want it. It will also be on your computer and then you can use adobe or photoshop to create the image you want. I don't know if this will help but it's just another option. If any of you guys try this let me know if it works and how it turned out.

Hope I can help.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2012 09:58 by captain1arm.

More
20 Feb 2012 10:40 #23648 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Trisnakes Logo
Captain: That's kind of what I'm hoping to avoid. I'm hoping someone else out there has a nice smooth-path tri-snake logo that will nicely scale. If there isn't, I suppose I can try sketch one up myself on paper and scan it, but then you're relying on scanning quality, hand-drawing ability, etc. While I'm fairly good at diagrams for Physics/Mathematics purposes, the Tri-Snakes Logo feels like something that will frustrate me that I won't get it right.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Feb 2012 10:56 #23650 by captain1arm
@ Juggernaut. I know what you mean and thats why I said maybe as a last resort. A Physics/Mathematics diagram really cannot go in the same sentence as a tri-snake logo I suppose.
I was thinking with the sketching that if you had a glass table or something. Get the logo and place it on the table, shine a light from underneath, get some tracing paper and go about it that way.
Or do you know someone who can draw and wouldn't mind helping you out.

More
20 Feb 2012 11:06 - 20 Feb 2012 11:28 #23651 by captain1arm
@ Juggernaut. The only other way I can think of going about it would be to get someone (a graphc artist or a prining company) and seeing if they can make something for you. The only problem is that you will have to pay to have it done. Unless you know someone who can do it for you and wouldn't mind.
Though I do imagine that you're tryig to avoid paying to have it done and that you were hoping it was something you could do.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2012 11:28 by captain1arm.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds