file Share ideas how to use community more in new card design

31 Mar 2012 13:34 #26954 by BernieTime
I think you did a pretty good job detailing the current process that mostly works.

And so again we get back around to the point where:

- The Design Team should be able to see a wide variety of opinions (like those found in Playtest groups or in open public forums)

- The Design Team should also ignore any irrelevant non-helpful opinions in their design process.

So at the present, the broad system SHOULD work like this:

- The Powers That Be (Inner Circle) decide that VEKN is producing a set of X cards.
- The Design Team sit down have a big chat and figure out how they are going to theme the set (e.g. Cam/Sab/Ind/BL, Special Keyword?, Special Angle?)

This is an area where the public could have some involvement, having some sort of poll or vote for upcoming themes. I really did like the storyline events, but the results of those events on the game were marginal.

- The Design Team scour for ideas. Partly from their own brains, but also the forum where things are debated endlessly by numerous people with contradicting views.
- The Playtesters get the drafts of this stuff and try use it. They turn around and let the Design Team know what they think.
- The Design Team edits the cards based on feedback.

At this point the Design Team should also include some snippets about why a card was changed. We would get revised cards with changes that didn't make any sense, and often contrary to suggestions we made in playtest. It made us as playtesters feel as if our idea were being ignored just because it didn't come from the creative(?) mind of the sets designer.

- The Playtesters test the next version. (Repeat the last few steps until everyone thinks the cards are ready)
- The Design Team hand the final product to The Powers That Be (ICs) and they see if they're happy to put it out there in the public eye.
- The Set is Published.
- We play VTES with them.

There's numerous other things I've harped on in the past that VTES could have done to obtain long term viability, which as usual was ignored.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds