file Power creep and/or inflation

26 Sep 2012 15:16 #37807 by KevinM

it was definitely obsolete as long as it cost X extra pool due to random cross-table Villeins

No, actually it wasn't, in those 10% of decks. There is even TDWA "evidence" to prove this wasn't (and isn't) the case, if you wish to go that far.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2012 05:56 #37823 by Ashur
Some random thoughts on this:

Deep Song is great, up until the time I sat there with my 16 Deep Song ani-weenie and was hungting on a Imbued deck. (And had no Break the Code)

The power creep has been kept to a minimum and that is _absolutely essential_ for the games survival. Although I think some cards has been design failures in this aspect:

Villein - Totally wrong way to promote big caps. Big caps should be made do more damage ("throughput", ie shortening games), not making bloat easier (prolonging games).

Eyes of Argus - Totally uncalled for, IMHO, with weenie-AUS being what it is.

Ashur Tablets (esp. with Liquidation and Anthelios) - I have no idea what the idea behind this design was (see multiple threads about this issue)

Imbued - Jeeeesus what a catastrophe (see multiple threads)

Also, you are right about clans/disciplines "merging". I hope further design takes note of that not all disciplines have to be able to do everything (s:ce, stealth, intercept etc)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
27 Sep 2012 06:59 #37827 by Chaitan

Villein - Totally wrong way to promote big caps. Big caps should be made do more damage ("throughput", ie shortening games), not making bloat easier (prolonging games).

IMHO, Villein is the most unbalanced card in the game. In theory it is very similar to Minion Tap. In practicality its trifle effect enables a tremendous synergy with other master cards.

Villein + Lilith's Blessing for obvious reasons.
Villein + Giants Blood for obvious reasons.
Villein + Crypt acceleration (such as Zillah's Valley). This effectively doubles the rate of getting new vampires into play.
Villein improves the odds of successfully playing big cap vamps. This in return strengthens the use of Pentex Subversion both for and against you.

More
27 Sep 2012 07:20 #37830 by skunkworks

Deep Song is great, up until the time I sat there with my 16 Deep Song ani-weenie and was hungting on a Imbued deck. (And had no Break the Code)

What happened there?

And Deep Song just looks too good to me, still. I had the money, I'd have ordered them already. Are there other cards that give you bleed and rush with tap? Not sure how the change of the acting minions affects proceedings, mind.

I do not especially like the Imbued (a big a part of it is because I just hate the names of the hunters -- I am super childish like that), but they have made our games more interesting.

And I agree that the big guns need to rain holy hell and not bloat.

More
27 Sep 2012 07:30 #37832 by Chaitan

What happened there?

"Enter combat with and tap a ready vampire". Imbued are not vampires.

More
27 Sep 2012 07:41 #37838 by skunkworks
Jesus.

Another facepalm moment for the family archives.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds