file PKC seeks to attack the V:EKN

01 Oct 2012 20:45 #38194 by zwubu
So what i am really tring to say, never ever leave a legal threat (including its accusations) out in the open without formally responding to each and every accusation. Judges may actually interpret such behavior as if you admit being guilty to these 'charges'.

So, at least respond to them in a formal way. Preferably in a legal-like manner :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2012 20:58 #38195 by prunesquallor

So what i am really tring to say, never ever leave a legal threat (including its accusations) out in the open without formally responding to each and every accusation.

I agree with your sentiments, but I would say never ever deal with legal issues based on advice from people who are not lawyers.

More
01 Oct 2012 21:36 - 01 Oct 2012 21:38 #38198 by Reyda
Prunesquallor, Are you talking about incredibly accurate advices like this one ? :whistle:

If they are claiming the wording of card texts, then all it requires is the change of one or two words and that new version is not the same and therefore not infringing their copyright. (IIRC it only takes the change of a single musical note in almost any piece of music to constitute a 'new' piece of music which does not infringe against prior copyright.)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 01 Oct 2012 21:38 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Kuta

More
02 Oct 2012 01:50 #38201 by Pagan

I might even sell my extensive collection of VTES original art

Dibs on the KRC.

More
02 Oct 2012 04:53 #38203 by Ohlmann

Prunesquallor, Are you talking about incredibly accurate advices like this one ? :whistle:

then again, taking seriously any juridic threat tend to be a good attitude for non lawyer :p

There exist a significant number of case where juridic action ended with absurd resultat, because the judge was tricked by the party who took seriously the thing.

More
02 Oct 2012 06:21 #38209 by Lönkka

arrange some sort of deal whereby you (vekn) show your final cards to PKC prior to release for 'final vetting'

What?
So they can do their own "copyrighted" versions of those same cards and cause even more unnecessary frustration and grievance?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds