file What was your first starter?

16 Nov 2011 18:13 #14597 by Joscha
My first starter was a Jyhadstarter. Very mixed cards with random rares. I think I've got a Freak Drive among them. But I'm not sure anymore.
My first real starters were the Sabbat War Starters. Tzmisce and Lasombra were really good. But !Ventrue and !Brujah were fun too in our Starter-only battles in that times.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2011 21:24 #14651 by dude_PL
IIRC either a V:TES starter (which was not fixed back then, just a "bigger" booster pack) or one of the SW starters, probably Tzimisce, since this was the clan that got me hooked on the game (along with Assamites) back in the V:TES / Sabbat era.

More
16 Nov 2011 22:52 #14655 by Brum
VtES deck.
I remember getting Democritus and Sir Walter Nash and being super happy.
I still have the box.

More
16 Nov 2011 23:04 #14657 by blackday
My friend gave me a jyhad starter during the times when Sabbat was the last set, and there was no new stuff being started. I never got to play really until Sabbat War in which i bought a Tzimisce starter.

More
17 Nov 2011 08:39 #14709 by Azel
a Jyhad starter. I got into VtES after AH (and boy did it sell out fast) and the start of Sabbat set. So the earliest starter I got was Jyhad. Well, that's if you don't count the time I bought a Jyhad starter before I really got into VtES, which was in my MtG days... that was when the game came out. But that sorta doesn't count in my mind.

It took me type 2 and phasing out blocks to boot me from MtG and L5R wholly. Looking back, in the wise words of Martha Stewart, "it's a good thing."

More
17 Nov 2011 09:06 #14719 by CryWolf
It all started with a :camarilla: Camarilla Edition :nosf: Nosferatu starter. I remember feeling that the deck was so fragile since everyone else was packing GoodCombat(TM) (agg-poke, :cel: :pot: flung junk and 2nd-round :THA:). I got CamEd boosters then eventually a !nosf! Nosferatu Antitribu :bh: Black Hand starter with an occasional :sabbat: Sabbat War boosters. My first real viable deck was a nasty :ANI: :POT: rush deck ... that was still thwarted by the same GoodCombat(TM) decks.

To this day, V:tES is still the only CCG I play.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds