file Help me choose what deck types to build next

14 Jun 2011 16:56 - 15 Jun 2011 02:59 #5131 by RoddimusPrime
To make this short and to the point I have several ideas for building some more decks, but most have some history already behind them or only slight updates due to the last couple of sets/promos. And by history I mean there really aren't any new concepts out there nor new revolutionary unseen deck types.

MY MAIN GOAL IS TO FIND OUT OF THESE DECK TYPES WHICH COULD BE/ARE TIER 1, IF ANY?

So what decks am I looking at you say? Find out below:

1.) Ravnos Combat - When I think of this deck type I wonder why not just go with any other kind of animalism combat like Ahrimanes (more intercept/maneuvers/combo cards), or Laibon plus No Secrets. However, they have access to some nice Ravnos equipment plus things like Sensory Deprivation. Not sure how much intercept to try and incorporate here or make it mor rush oriented.

2.) Unnamed Bleed/Rush. - Go with Protean style here... not sure about the whole mechanism. Could go with Tend the Flock and Horde bleed as well. But, I think that is Tier 2.

3.) Ventrue Combat - Island of Yairos + Hardestadt.... seems too odd though and too expensive.

6.) No Secrets Wall/Combat - Simple and effective. The trick is finding the best Magagi and support disciplines. I would think Animalism for intercept/combat and from there not sure. No Secrets can ruin some decks outright, esp. if you have a flak jacket. Obviously Smiling Jack and Army of Rats are good choices here.

4.) Baali Vote - Newer grouping 5/6 + Toolbox. They seem like great vamps. 6, 7, and 8 capacity. One can steal allies and another can burn a location or steal an equipment. Sounds too good to be true. Plus you can cancel a vote of another vampire. Voting is obvious here as well as the fact you could go many routes with these guys. Either go anti combat with majesty monkey or go with Conflagration and agg vamps and bring out Unleash Hells Fury. Bleeding should be easy as well. The only downside here is no multiact and no bounce.

5.) White Nights Massacre - Work in progress... what would be the best to combo with this?

I really want to build two or three of the above decks or a variation there of and test them, but I don't want to waste time if they are not Tier 1 viable.

All help is appreciated. Thanks.
Last edit: 15 Jun 2011 02:59 by RoddimusPrime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2011 17:35 #5133 by brandonsantacruz
How about Baltimore Purge + White Nights Massacre? If you used Stanislava, you could recruit a renegade garou to make it even more effective. Don't forget to Banish vampires that you don't feel like burning just yet. Could this be tier one? Stanislava is pretty damn good, so it could be close. Stanislava isn't the only candidate, but she is always fun.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
15 Jun 2011 02:55 #5152 by RoddimusPrime
I have nixed half the above ideas... will edit OP soon.

More
15 Jun 2011 04:38 #5154 by wastaz
I recently made an attempt playing Baali vote. Arishat (the one that cancels votes) is a -monster-. It's ridiculous how well the xeper/arishat/annazir trio works, with the vote-cancelling one as the main attraction of course.

It's really fun to play. I like it.
Currently I'm thinking about if I can make a deck with a lot of different vote-cancelling vampires..but I don't think there's that many...and especially not in matching groups...

More
15 Jun 2011 05:46 #5158 by Lönkka

1.) Ravnos Combat

Two words: Trap and Apparition (or multiple copies of the latter).

6.) No Secrets Wall/Combat - Simple and effective. The trick is finding the best Magagi and support disciplines. I would think Animalism for intercept/combat and from there not sure. No Secrets can ruin some decks outright, esp. if you have a flak jacket. Obviously Smiling Jack and Army of Rats are good choices here.

Tsunda + Deer Rifle + (several copies of) Mass Reality.
Standard Animalism intercept module + Draba!
Well-Marked and/or Apparition instead of Flak Jacket.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
15 Jun 2011 05:47 - 15 Jun 2011 05:48 #5159 by Jussi

2.) Unnamed Bleed/Rush. - Go with Protean style here... not sure about the whole mechanism. Could go with Tend the Flock and Horde bleed as well. But, I think that is Tier 2.

Unnamed has a killer combat special, so you could go with Earth Meld/Psyche combo for multi rushing. With Great Beast to back you up.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 15 Jun 2011 05:48 by Jussi.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds