file so, i'm making cards to remind mew players about the basic options available to them

23 Jul 2013 22:47 #52111 by self biased
here's what i've come up with. also this includes a list of reminder cards

Bleed
A minion may only bleed once per turn.
(D) Bleed your prey for 1.

Hunt
Hunt. Vampires only.
+1 Stealth Action.Put 1 blood on this Vampire from the blood bank.

Go Anarch!
Non-Anarch, Non-titled Vampires Only. +1 Stealth Action.
This Vampire becomes Anarch and Independent. If this Vampire changes sect, it is no longer Anarch. Reduce the cost of this card by one blood if you control a ready Anarch.

Get Her, Ray!
Vampires only. +1 Stealth Action.
(D) Enter Combat with a Red List minion that was marked this turn.

Leave Torpor
Vampires only. +1 Stealth Action.
Move this Vampire to the ready region.

Rescue From Torpor
Vampires only.
(D) Move a Vampire in Torpor controlled by any Methuseleh to the ready region. The vampire leaving Torpor may pay a portion or all of the blood cost of this action when it is announced. If you control the Vampire leaving Torpor, this is a +1 stealth undirected action instead of a (D) action.

Diablerize
Vampires only.
(D) Diablerize Vampire in Torpor controlled by any Methuseleh. If you control the Vampire being Diablerized, this is a +1 stealth undirected action instead of a (D) action.

Equip:
All Minions. +1 Stealth Action.
Attach an Equipment card from your hand to the acting minion paying all costs (Blood or Pool) and obeying all requirements (Clan, Discipline, Sect, &c), or attatch an Equipment card to this minion that is on another minion you control (obeying all requirements).

Recruit:
Place an Ally from your hand in your uncontrolled region paying all costs (Blood or Pool) and obeying all requirements (Clan, Discipline, Sect, &c). During your Influence Phase, move all Allies in your uncontrolled region to your ready region. When an ally is brought into play (by any means), it receives blood counters from the blood bank to represent its life (listed on the ally's card). When an Ally loses its last life counter, it is burned.

Employ
Attatch a Retainer to the Acting minion from your hand (paying all costs, Blood or Pool, and obeying all requirements Clan, Discipline, Sect, &c). When a retainer is brought into play, it receives blood counters from the blood bank to represent its life (listed on the retainer's card). When a retainer loses its last life counter, it is burned.

Call a Vote:
Vampires only. +1 Stealth action.
Name the terms of a Political Action in your hand (paying all costs, Blood or Pool, and obeying all requirements Clan, Discipline, Sect, &c) and place it in your ash heap. If the the number of 'yea' votes exceeds the 'nay' votes, the terms of that political action are executed. Tied votes fail.

Reaction:
I am a Reaction.
I am used when other Methuselah's minions are acting. I am frequently used to generate Intercept (Intercept can only be generated when Stealth would be greater than Intercept). I can also reduce Bleeds, gain votes during a Political Action, or allow one of your minions to untap and attempt to block (or allow one of your minions to attempt to block even though they're tapped, which is important)!

Action Modifier.
I am an Action Modifier.
I am used to modify an action one of your minions is taking. I am frequently used to generate stealth or increase bleed (Stealth can only be generated when a block would otherwise be successful). I can also be used to gain votes on during a Political action called by this vampire, or have other zany effects listed on the Action Modifier.

Combat: Before Range
Some combat cards can only be played before range is determined.
They can set the range of a combat to long or short, or introduce other elements to the combat aiding your minion,hindering opposing minions, or adding chaos to the combat in general.

Combat: Maneuvers
Some combat cards are used for a Maneuver.
All rounds of combat default to close range, unless a minion uses a Maneuver to go to long range (the word 'Maneuver' will be printed on the card). Maneuvers can go from long range to short range or vice versa. If you use a Maneuver from a card that has a Strike effect (most Guns, Thrown Gate), you are obligated to use the strike of that card during the declare strike portion of combat.

Combat: Choosing Strikes
The Acting Minion declares its strike first, followed by the opposing minion.
Some combat cards are played before strikes are declared, others before strikes are resolved! If you use a Strike card for its Maneuver, you are obligated to Strike with that card (Most Guns, Thrown gate).

Combat: Strike Effects
Strikes are resolved and inflict damage simultaneously.
Strike: Combat ends will end combat before any other strike resolves (even a strike made with first strike). Strike: Dodge protects the dodging minion from all effects from the opposing minion's strike, be it damage or steal/destroy weapon (even a strike made with first strike). Strikes made with First Strike are resolved before strikes made without them.

Combat: Damage Prevention
Blah. Still need to write this up.

Combat: Press
Combat will end if both combatants are still ready, unless one of them presses to continue the combat. By defalt, every Combat always has a press to end the combat (much like how maneuvers always start at close range). If a minion uses a press to continue combat and is not countered with a press to end, then a new round of combat starts, following the usual directions. Note that some strikes cannot be used on the first round of combat.

Action
I am an Action Card.
I can require a discipline (or multiple disciplines). I can have up to two different effects, which are separate. You will generally either take an action at inferior, or superior. Some actions may have two inferior effects listed for two different disciplines. These actions can do different things and may have additional stealth, so be careful and pay attention!

Master
I am a Master Card.
Use a master phase action to play me. I represent the influence of you, the Methuselah, in the game. Some cards can give you more than one master phase action. Once per turn you can gain another Master Phase Action if you play a Master. Trifle: card as your first master phase action.

Event
I am an Event Card
I effect the entire table, and I can often require other kinds of cards in play, like cards with the 'Gehenna' Trait. I am played during your discard phase instead of discarding. I frequently have strange redraw requirements.
Nube 6.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2013 22:48 #52112 by self biased

More
23 Jul 2013 23:06 - 23 Jul 2013 23:07 #52114 by Juggernaut1981
You should change the Anarch action. Go Anarch! is an action already.
Leave Torpor costs 2 blood.
You can only attempt one political action in a turn per minion. (Should be on the card).

I'd also change the name of "Get Her, Ray!" to "Kill the Red List" (so we can all get our Elmer Fudd on).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 23 Jul 2013 23:07 by Juggernaut1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
23 Jul 2013 23:13 #52115 by self biased
furthermore, would anyone use this resource for their new players?

More
23 Jul 2013 23:16 #52116 by self biased

Leave Torpor costs 2 blood.

it does in my pdf that didn't upload. so don't worry.

More
24 Jul 2013 00:58 #52120 by AaronC

Equip:
Attach an Equipment card from your hand to the acting minion paying all costs (Blood or Pool) and obeying all requirements (Clan, Discipline, Sect, &c), or attatch an Equipment card to this minion that is on another minion you control (obeying all requirements).

I don't think a minion has to fulfill any requirements when equipping off of another minion with the same controller.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds