file so, i'm making cards to remind mew players about the basic options available to them

24 Jul 2013 16:57 #52171 by jamesatzephyr

I disagree with your assessment of multiple DPAs used to "improperly" accelerate Event play.

This is improperly meaning "is not possible within the rules of the game". There's nothing to disagree about - it simply wasn't possible (but a few people missed the rules on this).

There are opportunity costs involved in order to obtain multiples of singularities within game play. These opportunity costs are what to primarily balance out, not the singularity becoming a multiple (until and unless the multiple causes issues).

This pre-supposes that playing multiple events per turn is legal. It isn't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2013 23:38 - 24 Jul 2013 23:43 #52195 by the1andonlime

Master
I am a Master Card.
Use a master phase action to play me. I represent the influence of you, the Methuselah, in the game. Some cards can give you more than one master phase action. Once per turn you can gain another Master Phase Action if you play a Master. Trifle: card as your first master phase action.

But this one is possibly more useful, because of the Trifleiciousness.

You gain another master phase action the first time you [edit]successfully[/edit] play a Master:Trifle, not only as your first master phase action (see Parthenon, Nana Buruku et al).

Also worth noting that the MPA gained will only happen on your turn (or your upcoming turn in the case of OOT Trifles) and you cannot gain multiple MPAs from Trifles (e.g. Wash on your predator's turn and Vessel on your own turn do not net you 2 additional MPAs).

Come to think of it, you might want to talk about OOT Masters here.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 24 Jul 2013 23:43 by the1andonlime.

More
25 Jul 2013 09:39 #52236 by KevinM

I disagree with your assessment of multiple DPAs used to "improperly" accelerate Event play.

This is improperly meaning "is not possible within the rules of the game". There's nothing to disagree about - it simply wasn't possible (but a few people missed the rules on this).

There are opportunity costs involved in order to obtain multiples of singularities within game play. These opportunity costs are what to primarily balance out, not the singularity becoming a multiple (until and unless the multiple causes issues).

This pre-supposes that playing multiple events per turn is legal. It isn't.

Ah yes, my misunderstanding of ICL's not-bad grammar.
:)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds