question-circle Looking to start playing this...

14 Jul 2011 16:19 #6303 by Adonai

how many different sets are there?

There were 24 commercial releases.

You can see what happened in each set here:

www.vekn.net/index.php/card-lists

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2011 23:12 #6324 by Gargoylee
There are a few players in Ottawa from the Kingston area, so I would suggest trying to contact them either through www.kingstonnexus.ca/?page_id=4171 or if you are on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kingstonnexus?sk=wall.

More
15 Jul 2011 01:03 #6326 by Brum
Hi and welcome!

My advice is twofold:

Players: If you don't have players near you, that is not necessarily the end. In fact, it might be the beginning. Get 3 other people willing to try it out. Don't tell them they need to buy cards, if that would stop them from trying an awesome new game.
Start with that. It is good because you all start at the same level, but you might also gain bad habits if you guys reach a consensus about the rules due to a bad interpretation.
But even that is good!
If you start like that, please "bother" us allot with questions. We like that. All the people that are trying to help you, do it because they like the game and they like to help.
There are no stupid questions if they are honest.

Cards: I would suggest you start with a box of starters from Black Hand or Keepers of Tradition. In my opinion they are the best available.
You get 2 copies of each of the 4 preconstructed decks (8 decks in total).
So, if you get the Black Hand, you can make a Malkavian Antitribu deck out of the 2 that come in the box. Same for the other clans.

Then you put your new playmates using the decks you've just build. You can rotate decks between games to make it more interesting. Or not.

Go forth and embrace!
Tiago Brum,
Portuguese NC.

More
15 Jul 2011 21:21 #6357 by LunaSlave
If you ever make it down to the Belleville area, we have V:TES nights twice a week here @ the local comics/gaming shop. :)

More
18 Jul 2011 11:51 #6431 by Murmur
Heh. Unfortunately, Belleville is a bit of a drive. If I'm ever nearby, I'll definitely stop in though.

As far as the Kingston site went, I don't see it as a sub-section on the forum. Is it just because I haven't registered? Or is it just contained in a general forum?

More
18 Jul 2011 15:51 #6434 by Murmur
...aaaand it looks like the Canadian site just bit it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds