file The Full Bleed project - back on my bullshit [03.20]

11 Oct 2014 05:13 #66373 by Ankha
Very impressive work by the way.
I prefer v1 since it keeps a continuity with the clan symbols and making it bigger isn't that important if the side bar has a strong individuality.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2014 11:26 #66389 by self biased
I'm honestly astonished at how much positive feedback the idea has gotten, and i'd like to convey a most sincere thank you to everyone who's contributed to providing feedback. A few things for people to think about, though: Everything evolves; Gameplay, functionality, layouts, &c. Change for good or ill can be difficult to bear.

I see a few sticking points when it comes to how the design is fine-tuned.

• Clan Icon: just how big should it be? For the Sabbat clans, their icons are significantly smaller so that they fit in the wax splat.
  • Wax Splat: it's currently only used for Sabbat clans and isn't a consistent element in the design of all crypt cards. the splat also obscures the fade of the bar, making it look like the bar just ends at the splat (though it occurs to me that in art as in life, things end at the splat). I feel it should be splats for everyone, or no splats at all, leaning toward no splats. splat, splaty, splat.
  • Set Icon: I think we can all agree that the set icon for crypt cards is obviously compensating for something. I like how clean the Full Bleed cards look without it, but a part of me still wants to have that set icon SOMEWHERE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, Jussi

More
11 Oct 2014 12:16 - 11 Oct 2014 12:31 #66390 by self biased
dammit. i promised myself i wouldn't work on this today, but idle hands and what have you.

Wax splat test. buffed the clan icons, and tamed the white outline a bit. raw file, no text/disciplines.

same size icons, without the wax splat:

Last edit: 11 Oct 2014 12:31 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
11 Oct 2014 13:18 #66394 by Ankha
To complete what I said earlier, Gangrel antitribu is a typical example where removing the Sabbat seal would make it confusing, between Gangrel, !Gangrel and Arhimanes.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
11 Oct 2014 14:47 - 11 Oct 2014 14:47 #66398 by self biased

To complete what I said earlier, Gangrel antitribu is a typical example where removing the Sabbat seal would make it confusing, between Gangrel, !Gangrel and Arhimanes.

you're probably right, but here's at least how the two look. I'm already running late for an appointment, so y'all will just have to imagine how regular gangrel look.

[original/enhanced/nosplat]

Last edit: 11 Oct 2014 14:47 by self biased.

More
11 Oct 2014 14:55 #66399 by PetriWessman
I like the "enhanced" look best, myself. That wax seal is a handy visual id, and in the full-bleed design having the clan symbol be a bit larger makes sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds