file Playing different decks each game at tournaments

14 Oct 2014 23:59 - 15 Oct 2014 00:00 #66597 by Maddog
I'm interested in what you folks think if the tournament rules allowed you the option/freedom to play a different deck each game?
Last edit: 15 Oct 2014 00:00 by Maddog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2014 04:10 - 15 Oct 2014 04:11 #66601 by D-dennis
The rules already allow this.

Players are prohibited from making modifications to their decks between rounds unless the tournament uses the following multi-deck rules. The multi-deck system can be used at any tournament with fewer than 12 players (i.e., fewer than three tables). Organizers choosing to use this system must announce its use in advance of the tournament date. Players may choose to bring any number of tournament-legal decks to the tournament and/or extra cards to exchange with cards in their decks (also known as a sideboard in some games). Between rounds, players may freely switch decks (or cards in their decks). A tournament begun with the multi-deck system cannot admit more players between rounds if doing so would create a round with 12 or more players.

It is excellent for 8-9-10 player tournaments.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2014 04:11 by D-dennis.

More
15 Oct 2014 06:07 - 15 Oct 2014 06:09 #66612 by Maddog
Cheers Sir, I've been playing competing for 14 years and I never knew this ruling. It's a shame it has number restriction of fewer than 12. It (in my opinion) would give the tournament more variety, enjoyment, flavor and may well rid that desire to pock ones eye out with a blunt spoon due to getting bored playing the same deck for most of the day.

These days I play a lot less in tournaments and more "friendly" games due to enjoying the varied/different decks being allowed to be played vs "one deck to bore them all(day)."

I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who feels this way, however it's possible :unsure:
Last edit: 15 Oct 2014 06:09 by Maddog.

More
15 Oct 2014 06:13 #66614 by Timo

Cheers Sir, I've been playing competing for 14 years and I never knew this ruling. It's a shame it has number restriction of fewer than 12. It (in my opinion) would give the tournament more variety, enjoyment, flavor and may well rid that desire to pock ones eye out with a blunt spoon due to getting bored playing the same deck for most of the day.

These days I play a lot less in tournaments and more "friendly" games due to enjoying the varied/different decks being allowed to be played vs "one deck to bore them all(day)."

I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who feels this way, however it's possible :unsure:

The rule as it is allow for real strategies in the final round placement...

More
15 Oct 2014 07:10 - 15 Oct 2014 07:17 #66617 by Maddog
I think it would be a more interesting test of ones skills in strategy in a unknown deck environment...You would be forced to think on your feet vs random decks. As opposed to knowing what deck is the "ying to your raging "yang." Ok I'll choose to have the wall deck as far away from my light stealth tool box deck as possible. I believe this would make for victories more hard won without having such a huge advantage regarding seating order and where you place yourself in relation to others. I believe this model has much less strategy involved.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2014 07:17 by Maddog. Reason: typo typo typo

More
19 Oct 2014 07:24 #66763 by Lönkka

It's a shame it has number restriction of fewer than 12.

When you have less than 12 players you end up sitting in the same tables with the same people almost all time so depending on the decks involved it might be extremely unfortunate for a player. With multideck rule your deck X won't be always trumped by deck Y that another player is playing.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds