file What is expected in the Rule Question forums

03 Nov 2014 08:43 #67153 by Ankha

Correct. Which makes some sense as he will be an Inner Circle member (+2 bleed standard).

It doesn't "make sense" since there's no standard for Inner Circles. For instance, Hardestadt has only +1 bleed.

Hardestadt has +2 Strength and Josef von Bauren +1 stealth instead of the second +bleed. Otherwise that +2 bleed is standard.

Per rule, Inner Circles are not granted to have +2 bleed. So it makes no sense rule-wise that Al-Ashrad has +2 bleed. Just like it makes no sense that Dogs can ride bikes.
Nevertheless, the answer is correct. Effects from the base version and from the advanced version are cumulative.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2014 09:51 #67156 by jamesatzephyr

Per rule, Inner Circles are not granted to have +2 bleed.

No-one is saying that they are, other than (apparently) you claiming that other people are saying that. Which no-one is. It's just pretty much standard that they're given +2 bleed as an ability. So it kinda makes sense that the designers gave him a bonus that stacks, giving him the same +2 bleed that's the more or less standard design for Inner Circle members.

More
03 Nov 2014 11:32 - 03 Nov 2014 11:34 #67161 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Al-Ashrad, Amr of Alamut
I was just pointing out the fact that it's the Rules Questions forum, and that the sentence I quoted ("Which makes some sense as he will be an Inner Circle member (+2 bleed standard).") has nothing to do with rules.
I may appear psychorigid,; truth is I prefer to keep the Rules Questions straight to the facts.

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 03 Nov 2014 11:34 by Ankha.

More
03 Nov 2014 12:38 - 03 Nov 2014 12:40 #67165 by jamesatzephyr

I was just pointing out the fact that it's the Rules Questions forum, and that the sentence I quoted ("Which makes some sense as he will be an Inner Circle member (+2 bleed standard).") has nothing to do with rules.

Sorry, you're not allowed to "point out" in the rules forum, because that has nothing to do with the rules.

I may appear psychorigid,;

Creating strawmen about things other people aren't saying isn't psychorigid, it's just creating strawmen about things other people aren't saying. Creating strawmen about things other people aren't saying isn't allowed in the rules forum, because it has nothing to do with the rules.

truth is I prefer to keep the Rules Questions straight to the facts.

Sorry, your personal preferences cannot be discussed in the rules section, because they are nothing to do with the rules.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2014 12:40 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
03 Nov 2014 12:58 #67167 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Al-Ashrad, Amr of Alamut
Now you can speak freely. I sensed that you were restricted in the Rules Question forum :)

My question is: is it pertinent to say in the Rules Question forum something such as:

"Beast, The Leatherface of Detroit, has +1 strength. Which makes some sense as he has big muscles"?

(Having big muscles is as related to the +1 strength bonus as being Inner Circle is related to having +2 bleed.)

What if later someone points out: "I can't understand why X doesn't have +1 strength, as he has big muscles. It would make some sense."

Or the dreaded: "Underbridge shouldn't be able to use vehicles. It doesn't make sense."

You have 2 hours to answer :)

Prince of Paris, France

More
03 Nov 2014 13:05 #67169 by jamesatzephyr
Jesus H Christ on a bike. Someone explains how a card works and says words to the effect of "That kinda makes sense, because it makes him work like most other Inner Circle vampires" and suddenly you're making up nonsense about the art on cards?

And you're being a hypocrite, because you already post non-rules things in the Rules Forum. You are not being psychorigid, you're just being a jerk.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds