file That green bar is stupid, and I hate it.

01 Oct 2016 21:02 #78564 by self biased
for the record, this is about eighty percent Ben's fault.

process: for the majority of cards, I took the text boxes and reconstituted them to a reasonable facsimile of their original contrast and saturation. I then used the 'Content Aware' fill feature to propagate the texture throughout the rest of the card frame, with the following exceptions: Action Modifier, Action, Combat, Event, and Master cards. For the first three, I took the reconstituted text box and enlarged and manipulated it to be the new card frame rather than relying on the Content Aware Fill feature as the results were not good. The texture for Events and Masters as taken from other White Wolf visual resources I had handy. Events are now magenta/purple to aid in differentiation, and because having two very red card frames is dumb.

I think it looks pretty good overall. There's a slight issue where the text box should probably be as wide as the art box, because it looks weird the way i have it now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2016 08:32 #78566 by 666Raziel
The thing is that without the green bar, the waste of space is more obvious in cards without cost.

Also, if you are going with a full background, I think that combo cards should have something specific about them because now people will pay more attention to the general color instead of the logo.

More
02 Oct 2016 09:53 #78567 by GreyB
Without the bar the cards look unfinished somehow.
Perhaps if the text box was properly aligned with the picture frame and the bevel of the picture frame not so pronounced.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
02 Oct 2016 13:19 #78568 by self biased

The thing is that without the green bar, the waste of space is more obvious in cards without cost.

Also, if you are going with a full background, I think that combo cards should have something specific about them because now people will pay more attention to the general color instead of the logo.

the thing is that space is going to be 'wasted' anyway, but with displaying a green bar rather than the card background. I get that the bar is a unifying element along all cardtypes but it it really needed?

for dual-type cards backgrounds are in the works. I have to redo just about everything from scratch because I saved the wrong set of files.

Without the bar the cards look unfinished somehow.
Perhaps if the text box was properly aligned with the picture frame and the bevel of the picture frame not so pronounced.

I wouldn't go so far as to say unfinished, but you're also not wrong there is definitely something not great happening there, and I'm working on fixing it.

More
02 Oct 2016 15:54 #78569 by self biased
Updated images. Expanded the Text Box to be flush with the Art Window, and reined in the bevel around the art window.

More
02 Oct 2016 15:56 #78570 by self biased
Finally, the revised Dual-Type cards:

yes, I am aware of the error in Elemental Stoicism. I had to work around something in the VCM that I use to format text and disciplines.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds