file Anthololgy Set, or, FU Non EU players

04 Feb 2017 04:34 #80540 by kushiel23
Framing this as a hostile decision by the VEKN strikes me as very odd. They had to work with Paradox to get these sets printed at all; saying that the VEKN are [insert pejorative here] because they didn't decide to get cards printed for everyone, when that decision wasn't theirs to make, seems awfully misguided.

Put another way: Without the efforts of the VEKN, there would be zero cards being printed right now. Complaining that there are only some cards being printed, at a limited availability, is essentially ignoring the fact that 1 > 0.

(I say all this as a US player who most likely won't be able to get his hands on any of these newly-printed cards.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2017 05:39 #80542 by direwolf
Here is my biggest issue: I saw a ad for attendies to prepurchase additional sets. An enterprising EC attendant could crowd-source some funds, preorder some hundreds of sets, and distribute them to the crowd.

Why not skip the middleman and sell direct? O right, licensing. Can someone do what I suggested above? I'll buy a set.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
04 Feb 2017 06:29 #80544 by Blooded Sand
To those who read into my initial post that I have an issue with cards being reprinted has a serious reading comprehension issue.

My issue is that a specific part of the player bas is being unfairly advantaged over a VERY large number of other players, simply due to geographic advantages.

If they had at least also tried a method of "20 euro at EC, 25/30 online + shipping" I would have no issue. As it stands, it is simply a eurocentric move advantaging a part of the player base while directly disadvantaging those who cannot afford 2500EU for a set of cards.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
04 Feb 2017 09:36 #80547 by GreyB

As it stands, it is simply a eurocentric move advantaging a part of the player base while directly disadvantaging those who cannot afford 2500EU for a set of cards.

Sorry I have to do this...

Europe first! Lets make Europe great again!

With that out of my system...

Stop complaining and utilise the community who's already offering on getting the sets distributed outside of the euro zone.

And if you want premium prices, support this undertaking and hopefully VEKN will be able to do this on more international events and perhaps get VTES back into stores again.

Why not skip the middleman and sell direct? O right, licensing.

And most likely: I believe something needs to be proved towards stakeholders first, before they decide go big.

It's a HUGE step going from a very localised distribution to worldwide distribution.

Be patient and hope this phase is a huge success and enough to justify a next phase.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 Feb 2017 10:54 #80549 by elotar
I think the fail at math is the real problem here.

By now you can buy, for example, enkil cog, for 60 +/- euros at ebay or for 150 euros + travel cost + accommodation at the EC2017.

There is no advantage for European players at all.

And obviously contents of the set will hit ebay immediately after the event for the prices incomparable with the costs of attending EC.

Complains are just silly.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
04 Feb 2017 10:57 #80550 by Blooded Sand

I think the fail at math is the real problem here.

By now you can buy, for example, enkil cog, for 60 +/- euros at ebay or for 150 euros + travel cost + accommodation at the EC2017.

There is no advantage for European players at all.

And obviously contents of the set will hit ebay immediately after the event for the prices incomparable with the costs of attending EC.

Complains are just silly.

See, that travel cost? that travel cost is about 1500 Euros. that is a wee fucking bit expensive, matey

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds