file Open letter to Black Chantry Productions

19 May 2020 13:17 #99900 by Mewcat
I dont care about this at all. We need new ravnos. No ravnos = no fun = no money for black chantry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ur_vampire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2020 06:16 - 20 May 2020 06:23 #99905 by Tadori

Claiming that new players need this proposed rule since they have access to merely a very limited card pool does not hold water.

Most new players tend to receive additional cards from old timers.

Most new players tend to cruise around to the interwebs and make a little shopping spree for single cards from one of the many vendors there offering basically everything for this game. Usually also with pretty darn cheap prices.

Basing rules decisions on this assessment is just fundemtly wrong. You can't assume that people will do anything.

Based in your response, you cant base rules assuming that people will make:
Decks with the same vampire.
Decks with just one vampire.
Contest.
Play only with the v5 decks
Play only with BC decks
Play only with other first timers that dont have cards besides BC decks.

I was not clear, I was saying that people will not do anything outside buy and use your product as it was presented to them by its creator.

when you are making a product you have to prepare it the way that will deliver in all of this cases, you can't assume people will go to second hand market or to receive a help from someone. Your product has to take all this cases into consideration without outside factors. It already has to have a solution.

So basing a solution on that people will do something else then buy and play is wrong from design point of view
Last edit: 20 May 2020 06:23 by Tadori.

More
20 May 2020 08:06 #99907 by Lönkka
You can't assume, but people WILL.

Because they're people.
Want to make darn sure that people do so, forbid them from buying 2nd hand cards...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
20 May 2020 09:52 - 20 May 2020 09:56 #99909 by Tadori

You can't assume, but people WILL.

Because they're people.
Want to make darn sure that people do so, forbid them from buying 2nd hand cards...

OFC most of them will(I know people that will not, because they don't like online trading),but as a designer you can't take this in consideration. You have to prepare solution that will work even if they don't do it.

As a designer you can't say there is a 2H market so we can ignore this issue.
Last edit: 20 May 2020 09:56 by Tadori.

More
20 May 2020 21:08 #99911 by Sambomb

I was not clear, I was saying that people will not do anything outside buy and use your product as it was presented to them by its creator.

when you are making a product you have to prepare it the way that will deliver in all of this cases, you can't assume people will go to second hand market or to receive a help from someone. Your product has to take all this cases into consideration without outside factors. It already has to have a solution.

So basing a solution on that people will do something else then buy and play is wrong from design point of view

I got it, and thats the reason the v5 decks are sold in packs of 5 and the game is ruled to play by 4 or 5 players. So, if you take the kit you can just play, if you dont use the new decks you dont have enough decks to play a game, and you need more cards from another location to be able to play.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds