file New set in 2012

06 Feb 2012 17:47 #22403 by prunesquallor
Replied by prunesquallor on topic Re: New set in 2012

Colour prints on regular 80gpsm paper are fine.
We'd like to discourage cardboard prints, as it may result in eBay sales ("I sell real quality cards"), which we don't want.

I intend to print any new cards on card stock. Ideally even with printed card backs (although I will still use sleeves).

I don't intend to sell them on eBay, they are for my own use.

Would cards that I print in this way cause me to be disqualified from a tournament?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 19:04 #22408 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: New set in 2012
Since the current instructions are:

- Print it out at kinkos/home on paper
- Slide paper into sleeve with a previously commercially printed VTES card

Then as a Judge, I'd have to say "Yes, you are disqualified".

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
06 Feb 2012 19:37 #22411 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: New set in 2012

Would cards that I print in this way cause me to be disqualified from a tournament?

Not on mine.

That is, frankly, retarded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
06 Feb 2012 20:29 #22412 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: New set in 2012

That is, frankly, retarded.

Aye.

I wouldn't make this more complicated than it is. And frankly it's not really that complicated. As long as it's well printed and you can't tell the card through a sleeve I'm going to let it through in my tournaments.

Trying to gain pool from an edge in your master phase is another thing - this one's something that's supposed to keep people playing, not scare them away with super strict rulings. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
06 Feb 2012 20:31 #22413 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: New set in 2012
With opaque sleeves you can see those that hold 2 cards inside and those that don't.
If you print your cards with the same thickness as a normal card and, by the rules, you also put a regular VtES card inside the sleeve, then yes - it might be considered marked cards.

Why complicate things?
Print in a paper sheet and enjoy the game.

Cheers,
Tiago

More
06 Feb 2012 20:55 #22414 by prunesquallor
Replied by prunesquallor on topic Re: New set in 2012
Who's complicating things?

I get the new cards on decent card stock, comparable to at least some VtES cards (there is a fair bit of variability in the card stock quality from VtES cards over the years).

I store them with the rest of my collection like normal cards, and put them into sleeves like normal cards. Sounds simpler to me.

And that is what I will do for casual play at least.

If the ruling will be that using anything but printed paper inside a sleeve with a real card will result in a DQ, I agree with those who have said that it's stupid. In that case, for a tournament, I will need to replace my printed card with the "standard" way of paper in a sleeve with a card.

I will point out that (inside a sleeve) my printed cards would be harder to distinguish from a real card, than the "standard" way. And that would be the really stupid part about this potentially leading to a DQ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds