file The future of V:TES

14 Apr 2013 08:31 #46930 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES
This discussing, when you refer to a difference between tournament play and casual play, seem very strange to me. In Stockholm Sweden you often here "let´s all play casual decks this time" before a game, and yet most people pick a tier 1 deck (dem-weenies, Vignes, lawfirm etc) and then laughs and say "oh, I thought you meant _swedish_ casual!" :)

On the contrary, people here see it as a problem if someone play a deck that isn´t tournament capable, as it might be their table ally. You often here comments like "Yeah, he won, because he didn´t have a predator" when someone had a non-competent deck as predator.

Sure, this messes up the creativity as you never are "allowed" to play something funky, but on the other hand we have a very hardened meta. Just look at the point spread in our league right now stockholmjyhad.blogspot.se/2013/04/the-stockholm-league-april-13-2013.html . A very "high lowest level".

So, we need new cards - especially new vamps and cards that might fit in good decks, as we can´t play junk cards around here :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2013 08:49 #46933 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

but on the other hand we have a very hardened meta.

You really believe what you say ? :)

If yes, you overestimate a lot the weight of the deck in a win. Player skill, table situation, and diplomacy are all as important than the deck.

More
14 Apr 2013 12:01 #46940 by ReverendRevolver

but on the other hand we have a very hardened meta.

You really believe what you say ? :)

If yes, you overestimate a lot the weight of the deck in a win. Player skill, table situation, and diplomacy are all as important than the deck.

You cant seriously judge the weight of yiur meta on twda or even hall of famers. If we vo that route, Ohio gets to look like some epicenter of us hall of famers, so we would, by those rules, have the strongest, most anti-casual meta in this hemosphere.
Closer inspection shows that while we have people like bell, jay, will, james, loughman, cashdollar, and bob, we also have a slew of hall of famers and or people 1 tourney away from the hall of fame, who play, and have won tournaments with, decks far from tier 1.

If your really good, or really lucky, you can win with garbage. If your good and bored winning with flavor of the week boring crap, you build something fun, and may win with that. Its happenex before, with hall of famers often even.
But using your meta as an excuse to build the same boring decks is weak. Two years ago i wouldnt build a eeck without real combat defense and not worry. Built earth meld entric decks anyway. Not every ayer hax a grapple.
So, build meta-crushers. Girls and imbued freaking HATE trochomancy. A gisela ks trocho decks on my itenerary. Bleex for one, mr useless table poisoning crosstable. I gain a pool and while doing so, lose some ash heap carxs.

My point is, i dont care what your meta is, there is something yiu probably havent tried in it that can win by being out of the box.

Having said that, pod and danse are much awIated globally, and we would all love both soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL

More
15 Apr 2013 07:55 #46972 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: The future of V:TES

It is really hard to explain this. I had built three decks in last four days. But there are some players, that just need a little more. I am a prince in our city - my predecessor didn't organize many tournaments, just like two in a year or so and even then, there were no promos or anything extra. But he did not have problems with people losing interest, mainly because there were new cards comming.

On the other hand, I organize tournaments almost every month. I personally give advice to every player, that seems to have problem with the game or meta. We have tried almost every possible format of tournament. We have ongoing fourth round of league games. We have promo cards, cheap prizes for tournaments, which I am providing and have some ammount of money lying in those prizes.

Still, there are players leaving. No rush. But one by one. First, selling off collections and keeping only their favourite decks, but selling them eventualy few months later. It is because they do not see development in a long run. And I cannot provide them any info, because I simply do not know - I can supply rumors at most. I have managed to bring a newbie into this game. But in the time, that it took me, we have lost one player. So you can see problems here.

There are lot of cards, but lack of new and lack of info about future is killing spark of interest in players...

The lack of cards created by the company who controls the game is surely a big problem.

As a form of support for VTES players and an effort to keep players motivated, PCK has already released a VTES set that aims to bolster the Sabbat sect: Guardians of the Faith
That's a freely downloadable PDF set which should help to mitigate the absence of "new, real and printed" cards somewhat.

Currently, we are working on a Laibon set which is supposed to fill out some missing crypt options and make the Aye/Orun concept better playable (or even worthwhile). Playtest is going on, we have finished round 2, and are preparing for round 3 to start soon. Anyone who wants to take part in playtesting is welcome, send us a short message to: .

Also, we are trying to have as much updates about our ongoing activities on our blog PCK VTES . There is also some (hopefully) interesting stuff about VTES design in general and a few articles about specific things regarding the card game.

Hopefully, this will help give players new ideas and keep them from drifting away. B-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silmegil, DeathInABottle

More
15 Apr 2013 11:09 #46978 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

You cant seriously judge the weight of yiur meta on twda or even hall of famers.

Eh? What is this a reply to? I didn´t say anything like that. What are you referring to?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
15 Apr 2013 19:59 #46996 by Silmegil
Replied by Silmegil on topic Re: The future of V:TES

It is really hard to explain this. I had built three decks in last four days. But there are some players, that just need a little more. I am a prince in our city - my predecessor didn't organize many tournaments, just like two in a year or so and even then, there were no promos or anything extra. But he did not have problems with people losing interest, mainly because there were new cards comming.

On the other hand, I organize tournaments almost every month. I personally give advice to every player, that seems to have problem with the game or meta. We have tried almost every possible format of tournament. We have ongoing fourth round of league games. We have promo cards, cheap prizes for tournaments, which I am providing and have some ammount of money lying in those prizes.

Still, there are players leaving. No rush. But one by one. First, selling off collections and keeping only their favourite decks, but selling them eventualy few months later. It is because they do not see development in a long run. And I cannot provide them any info, because I simply do not know - I can supply rumors at most. I have managed to bring a newbie into this game. But in the time, that it took me, we have lost one player. So you can see problems here.

There are lot of cards, but lack of new and lack of info about future is killing spark of interest in players...

The lack of cards created by the company who controls the game is surely a big problem.

As a form of support for VTES players and an effort to keep players motivated, PCK has already released a VTES set that aims to bolster the Sabbat sect: Guardians of the Faith
That's a freely downloadable PDF set which should help to mitigate the absence of "new, real and printed" cards somewhat.

Currently, we are working on a Laibon set which is supposed to fill out some missing crypt options and make the Aye/Orun concept better playable (or even worthwhile). Playtest is going on, we have finished round 2, and are preparing for round 3 to start soon. Anyone who wants to take part in playtesting is welcome, send us a short message to: .

Also, we are trying to have as much updates about our ongoing activities on our blog PCK VTES . There is also some (hopefully) interesting stuff about VTES design in general and a few articles about specific things regarding the card game.

Hopefully, this will help give players new ideas and keep them from drifting away. B-)

Thank you very much. I have been following your work and I am very impressed. However our meta is split on using these cards yet. But I believe, that in time we will see them in play.

I would just appreciate, if someone from IC could send a message, that they cannot disclose anything yet, just to make sure, that they are at least reading, what goes here. It is frustrating to be asked every week by players and not to know anything at all.:(

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds