file The future of V:TES

07 Apr 2013 16:47 #46698 by Silmegil
Replied by Silmegil on topic Re: The future of V:TES

how about chris, who's still playing, but bored.?

WTF?

There are 2136 library cards and 1370 crypt cards for the game.
The options are endless.
Just open the doors of perception and try out stuff you haven't previously -it all doesn't have to be classic tier 1 you know...

It is really hard to explain this. I had built three decks in last four days. But there are some players, that just need a little more. I am a prince in our city - my predecessor didn't organize many tournaments, just like two in a year or so and even then, there were no promos or anything extra. But he did not have problems with people losing interest, mainly because there were new cards comming.

On the other hand, I organize tournaments almost every month. I personally give advice to every player, that seems to have problem with the game or meta. We have tried almost every possible format of tournament. We have ongoing fourth round of league games. We have promo cards, cheap prizes for tournaments, which I am providing and have some ammount of money lying in those prizes.

Still, there are players leaving. No rush. But one by one. First, selling off collections and keeping only their favourite decks, but selling them eventualy few months later. It is because they do not see development in a long run. And I cannot provide them any info, because I simply do not know - I can supply rumors at most. I have managed to bring a newbie into this game. But in the time, that it took me, we have lost one player. So you can see problems here.

There are lot of cards, but lack of new and lack of info about future is killing spark of interest in players...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtroyve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2013 17:22 #46700 by ReverendRevolver
So its time for an official press release about any news, even news about the absence of news? At leazt an all out there statement on facts about pod and the new set.
I hate the idea of rotating cards. Why i play vtes. Id love some ki.d of weirx formats, but not in place of playing real vtes.

Anyway, what ever happened to the spomesman? Like, last year id inquired about it, and nobody was ever announced as such. I threw in my hat, but nobody has been picked. At this point, even having somebody announce stasis on the project or do that while insinuating things would beat this void of new info. Players are getting whiny. Not only here, but locally, my meta was STUPID huge like 4 years back. Im talking about play at the comic shop on tuesday, theres 3 tables at least, pop by someones house, theres a game in the kitchen and one in the basement on weds and thurs, then play 4 tables friday, and maybe have a tourney one of the weekend days. Possibly 40+ ppl in the small newark/heath ohio area( which is a small area oitside of columbus, the capital of ohio, a small state, incidentally)
So, we lost like all the sort of into it ppl who knew how to play. We arent alone. Odd formats wont matter. Wex lose more than we retain.

But we need cards being printed. If the vekn gets moving soon, im hopeful. I wish the schism didnt happen in the dt, but thats old hat.
We neex pod of old stuff for new players, we neex pod new stuff for old players.

And news about all of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
07 Apr 2013 17:23 #46701 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Just open the doors of perception and try out stuff you haven't previously -it all doesn't have to be classic tier 1 you know...

It doesn´t? We´ll, I guess it depends if you want to win or not.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
07 Apr 2013 17:25 #46702 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

So its time for an official press release about any news, even news about the absence of news?

I hope so. Do it.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
07 Apr 2013 18:48 #46704 by ReverendRevolver

So its time for an official press release about any news, even news about the absence of news?

I hope so. Do it.

Thats the thing, theres no spokesman, theres no real news that ive got, other than rumor, and the only vekn folks that are often on here that could have the info and announce arent the ones involved in the project.

So, while pascal is in a decdnt amount of conversations on here, and ben pops up every once in awhile, the people who know all the nuts n bolts cant say everything, and theres nobody whos relaying that things are static or leak some new news.
The art being leaked was hot, but the buzz died quick. Having the art, then a month later tops spoiling the final version of the card its on would be good strategy.
Even an article witb real, unyeilding final details on the set, including size, expansion symbol, and focus/themes would be very appreciated. Tease it lile something begween new mtg sets circa 5 years back and gw showing new models to support a new army book/codex.
And hot on the heels of pod going full bore, and danse coming out, details on the following set, even if the release date is vague to the season and year, and the expansion symbol isnt set in stone. Just so people know theres something comimg down the pipeline to the playerbase.

But everyones getting antsy, id settle for any tangible update right now.

I feel confident in the ic, but updates would be very optimal. I dont expect Johannes to say"no movement on the pod danse front this week" 4 times a month, but having a spokesperson to relay news or the lack of it is better thanthe current state of whining and head scratching.

More
08 Apr 2013 01:42 #46713 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: The future of V:TES

how about chris, who's still playing, but bored.?

WTF?

There are 2136 library cards and 1370 crypt cards for the game.
The options are endless.

Yes. chris understands this. i think most of us here are chris'es. however, there are some players content on just playing with their Tier 1 decks. there's no real reason not to. it works. however, for some us. it's kind of boring to play against the same decks every time. also, let's be honest. about 1/2 of the library cards, and 3/4 of the vampires are wallpaper. but that's a digression.

we're pretty lucky out here. more than half of us routinely change decks. some do not, due to lack of cards/no reason to change decks. however, with a very small play group, you run into another problem of limited amount of play styles.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds