check State of the V:EKN: News from the printshop

19 Apr 2013 05:39 #47229 by wesile
I have more than 30k cards and I really don't care with the "Market Price". Do you think that you will have a market if no one else plays the game? - Do you really think that you can find new players willing to pay a ton of money to play a dead game?

For collectors... the expansion symbol will be different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Brum, Lönkka, vragozakas, Joscha, Nick M, Ashur, ReverendRevolver, Boris The Blade, Mimir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2013 05:45 #47230 by Brum
And collectors that still want the cards from the original series.

But yeah, as soon as cards are in the print on demand, their price will fall.
I really don't care. In fact I welcome it, as it will boost the number of players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Lönkka, Lech, wesile, Mimir

More
19 Apr 2013 06:22 - 19 Apr 2013 06:26 #47235 by blackday
I have spent an extraordinary amount of money on this game, more than anything else to the point i dropped all the other card games (Magic, L5r, warlord), but i welcome the idea of reprinting cards and giving newbies the chance to improve their decks.
Sure prices will probably suffer. I dont mind really, because i prefer a game which is thriving than a dead game that loses players every year. Although maybe the process of ordering reprints should be debated. I dont think it should be per card as the logistics of that is crazy, maybe sold in kits/chapter packs or storyline kits.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2013 06:26 by blackday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, extrala, Joscha, wesile

More
19 Apr 2013 07:05 - 19 Apr 2013 07:06 #47239 by Lönkka

Attachment somuchwin.jpg not found

Wow, the updating of all the card texts seems to be a giganourmous chore. So stupendous amount of respect goes to people involved with that!

Talking legaleze with not just one but several business entities also tends to eat up a lot of time. Especially when you imagine that at least for one of them this probably doesn't rank that high on the importance meter. Hence it gives the feeling for the general playerbase that "nothing is happening".

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Apr 2013 07:06 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 Apr 2013 07:27 #47240 by johannes

Am I inferring correctly that hasbro agreeing in principle is taking longer than ccp did, and the tediius work of preparing for the project has already been started, so that once hasbro gives thier blessing, everything can be pushed to the "we need permission in writing and then we are go" stage?

Let me put it like this: as soon as all the paperwork is done the realization of the project will be relatively quick. Some of the parameters depend on the paperwork, of course (say royalties).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, wesile

More
19 Apr 2013 11:48 #47249 by ReverendRevolver
Awesome, thank you.

As for the resale value, i could care less about all my cards if i had noone to play with.period. if you want peices of paper that retain value and arent involved in a game, try stocks and bonds. Although theres some risk with those too, shit happens, its in fact one of the few constants in life.

If you wanted to invest in cards that will never be reprinted, wotc has a list of those for magic the $$$ so look into moxs and black boarxered dual lands.

Now, i still plan on buying cards from sellers like rickstock even once pod is swinging. Why? Its impractical to buy sense deps fir $5-$17 when pod ones are lesz than a buck, and its impractical to pick up mario giovanni for more than 20cents. But mostly, if i have a crypt of all the old layout, why not keep it as such.

That said, most of my card buying will be pod, hands down, if not all of it for a year or so.

Id even pay more for rares, although i know vekn may tbink it immoral to do tbat.

And im still in favor of special alternate art cards for prizes and promos.

But thats awhile away. Right now im just looking forward to print on demand becoming a reality. I may actually get to build what i want now. Arika purge with cogs! Turbo slava with cogs! (Allasto for the gem, obvisously) gwydx summin history! A return of vtes to its natural state of limitlesz possibilities, and without small sets being released giving you 3 of each usecul vamp and 218 copies of cadet.
This is awesome.
End of story.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds