check State of the V:EKN: News from the printshop

18 Apr 2013 18:39 #47176 by gymim
Here is my impression of the post, please correct if I am wrong.

Sometime in the future there is a chance that: V:TES will start up again. Most of the cards will be available from an online website. People will purchase the individual cards they want, and the web site will print and ship to order.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding anything, and also thank you very much for the update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2013 18:49 #47177 by Szewski

Here is my impression of the post, please correct if I am wrong.

Sometime in the future there is a chance that: V:TES will start up again. Most of the cards will be available from an online website. People will purchase the individual cards they want, and the web site will print and ship to order.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding anything, and also thank you very much for the update.

more or less but yes :)

More
18 Apr 2013 19:37 #47183 by johannes
I might also add that "sometime in the future" will not be in 5 years. I am hoping for something to happen in 2013.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, vragozakas, KevinM, jtroyve, self biased, wesile

More
18 Apr 2013 21:07 #47191 by ReverendRevolver

I might also add that "sometime in the future" will not be in 5 years. I am hoping for something to happen in 2013.

Wow. That would be optimal. I didnt expect things to be realized until early next year.

Am I inferring correctly that hasbro agreeing in principle is taking longer than ccp did, and the tediius work of preparing for the project has already been started, so that once hasbro gives thier blessing, everything can be pushed to the "we need permission in writing and then we are go" stage?

More
19 Apr 2013 05:14 - 19 Apr 2013 05:15 #47224 by Raynor
I must not be the only one to greet these news with ambivalent feelings, right?
What will happen with the leftover boosters? They will be worth nothing if (almost) all of the cards will be available for 50 cents... The prices plummeting a hundredfold (a reality in some cases) will surely make not one person mad about their previous investment now worth a dime. While regarding the greater picture I can understand the reprinting of some much needed cards (like Argus, Villein, No Trace, Deep Song, etc. which would still make fun of people who have many copies of these), why is there a need to reprint "not all" of them? And to make them available for the same price even (as a Tortured Confession)? Will this decision make V:tES into an LCG?

Not that this would be the first time V:tES players encounter a drop in the value of their much-treasured cards (LotN, 3rd).
Last edit: 19 Apr 2013 05:15 by Raynor.

More
19 Apr 2013 05:37 #47228 by extrala
Any "leftover" boosters can perfectly used for drafting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Brum, Adonai, Joscha, wesile

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds