lightbulb Danse Macabre Previews

08 Oct 2013 08:11 #54924 by smiling tom
... not to say that it combines nicely with stuff like serpentis. Of course requires some deck building, but can be combined for sure

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2013 09:05 #54933 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
Sure, I might be wrong about public vilification, but i still see that as a 2nd division vote.

Crypt-wise, the expansion is pretty nice. Dark Selina and GPD are really good for the already popular !Brujah decks.

Mimir is great by itself, well see how the players will build on it.

My main problem is with library cards generally. Shadow Boxing and Inside Dirt seems good, Under Siege and Instaneous Transformation, Shakar is great. Dark Steel would be good with some complimentary pieces that Lasombras miss. The Pot/Pre cards and the spoils wont see much play though, just like recruitment excercise.

More
08 Oct 2013 09:26 #54936 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
Just to say that Badr's art is my favorite.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Oct 2013 11:59 #54947 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews

I'm really sad that the parity-like vote didnt made the final cut, because now, sabbat is generally at the same state as it was, behind camarilla.
As i see, without the parity-like vote, the expansion pretty much a try-and-miss expansion, no matter what others came out (though many of the vamps individually seem really good). Sabbat still has immense vote powers, just nothing that is their signature vote, nothing that is powerful and only they can make it. Parity is overpowered surely, but something around that category shouldve been made.

This sort of thought process makes no sense to me. If Parity Shift (or any card) is overpowered, then get rid of the overpowered card. Don't make more overpowered cards. Now, if you want to argue for making the game all about broken fighting broken and wallpapering a vast quantity of weaker cards that currently see play, something I've seen a CCG do to good effect, that's a philosophy, just not one I see having value with this game.

I was really wondering how Dark Steel came to the light, because the only thing Lasombras generally miss is any form of damage prevention. I wouldve been happy with a Rego Motus-like card from obtenebration, thats really missing for me.

A lot of V:TES cards come about because the CCG is based on the RPG. See, for instance, wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Obtenebration_%28VTM%29

While there's a lot of ability to interpret thematics into mechanics, sometimes you just can't make the name of a card fit the mechanics you want or vice versa and not have the card be poorly conceived.

More
08 Oct 2013 12:29 #54948 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
"Aegis of Shadows: Cover yourself in powerful shadow armor
Armor of Darkness: Cloak yourself in shadow that protects you from sunlight and fire.
Armory of the Abyss: Create weaponry and/or armor from shadow-stuff."

Just for instant, from the very same link you gave. I think, cards were made from less in the past. Technically, almost every other ability were made from obtenebration, multi-disc ones, but these ones which gave damage prevention. I think, thats on purpose after i checked that list, unfortunately.

About the parity-like vote, i said something around that, not with the exact power lvl of parity. Something that at least can be called as a flagship of a sabbat voter deck.

More
08 Oct 2013 13:33 - 08 Oct 2013 13:34 #54954 by ReverendRevolver

"Aegis of Shadows: Cover yourself in powerful shadow armor
Armor of Darkness: Cloak yourself in shadow that protects you from sunlight and fire.
Armory of the Abyss: Create weaponry and/or armor from shadow-stuff."

Just for instant, from the very same link you gave. I think, cards were made from less in the past. Technically, almost every other ability were made from obtenebration, multi-disc ones, but these ones which gave damage prevention. I think, thats on purpose after i checked that list, unfortunately.

About the parity-like vote, i said something around that, not with the exact power lvl of parity. Something that at least can be called as a flagship of a sabbat voter deck.

Obt having prevent would make lasombra more on par with thier status in the rpg.
If the can have +strength, additionals from black metamorphisis, can grapple, and now have access to envirnmental, they would be awesome with prevent. As is, you use the ones with fortitude or invest alot in vamps that are easy to dunk.
Obt should also have vote pump. Damafe prevent on one card and vote pump on another and obt would be set. Other support disciplines have such things, like protean(lokis gift) serpentis(skin of the adder) etc. They hwve it in fluff, having it in vtes would help lasombra. And its an easier fix than other problems.

Dark steel is solid, though, having said that.

Sabbat should have a flagship vote. It shouldnt be based on the principle that "the other guys have something thqt steals pool, we should too"
Fluff wise, under siege has placed us closer to where fluff and function with sabbat should be heading. Cam princes and justicars have second trqds and parity shifts. Titled sabbat has weaker suff, public vilification and eternal vigilance. But run of the mill, nontitled sabbat idiots get under siege and abbot, and so do the titled ones. Fluff wise, sabbat should help its peons more in theory. Now, anarchs should have that as a trait too, but lets not get greedy.

Laibon make due with no secrets and strange day alot. Sabbat is on its way to balancing its cam counterpart. Imdys still suck if you rely on being gangrel or having necro, though.

Edit: also, the problem with necro is most of the cool names got wasted on crappy cards. There is stil hope for obt.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2013 13:34 by ReverendRevolver.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds