lightbulb Danse Macabre Previews

08 Oct 2013 06:17 #54909 by the1andonlime
Danse Macabre is legal from 4th November 2013

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2013 06:17 #54910 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
It's officially released since Oct. 4th, and becomes VEKN tournament legal on Nov. 4th.

More
08 Oct 2013 06:28 #54911 by PetriWessman
As I noted during the EC: fantastic artwork, very solid new cards with zero wallpaper. Awesome job, design team! You guys rock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
08 Oct 2013 06:48 #54912 by D-dennis
Replied by D-dennis on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews

Xipe Totec, really good vampire, although I am kind of wondering why he doesn't have celerity, taking in his drum gives superior celerity.

In the design team presentation on saturday, Ben&Mike talked about this. This Xipe Topec is not the guy from the drum. He's just some guy pretending to be Xipe Topec.
I think that presentation was filmed and will be available on youtube.

More
08 Oct 2013 07:30 #54919 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
I'd love to see that video!

I'm really sad that the parity-like vote didnt made the final cut, because now, sabbat is generally at the same state as it was, behind camarilla.

The artworks are really nice, especially Dimple's artworks (Xipe is my fav artwork) are really top notch. I really liked the Under Siege artwork too.

I was really wondering how Dark Steel came to the light, because the only thing Lasombras generally miss is any form of damage prevention. I wouldve been happy with a Rego Motus-like card from obtenebration, thats really missing for me.

At many of the new vampires, i really see the individual potential, though i really dont see much sinergy with existing vampires. Xipe is a prime example for me, great abilities, ok cap, but the protean is pretty rare within its clan (and really bad vampires have it at all). an inferior fortitude, prescence wouldve been much better than a superior protean is.

The 2 pot/pre cards seem pretty much the kind of cards that you try to squeeze into decks, but they just cannot make the final cuts all the time. simple prescence actions still seem better than any of the 2.

Spoils of war is simply underpowered. Recruitment exercise....pretty much a pointless card. Public Vilification is cornercase at best, maybe only good for easy voter caps, because it's less damage than almost any other votes (sure, can be annoying if called on you, but a Conservative, KRC or banishment are much more annoying, just to name the most prominent that sabbat can use). I'd use Auto-da-fe, before Public Vilification (considering how much that card is used, its pretty much a statement).

As i see, without the parity-like vote, the expansion pretty much a try-and-miss expansion, no matter what others came out (though many of the vamps individually seem really good). Sabbat still has immense vote powers, just nothing that is their signature vote, nothing that is powerful and only they can make it. Parity is overpowered surely, but something around that category shouldve been made.

More
08 Oct 2013 07:44 #54923 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
Claudia is my favorite artwork from the set.

Poci, I think you are underestimating Public Vilification, and not realizing that its actually best for non-presence voter decks as it gives them the blood gain they were missing before, each one is basically like +3 pool that you can villein off from your vampires. Its just a nice bonus that it also takes resources off from your prey or predator.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds