lightbulb Danse Macabre Previews

01 Oct 2013 16:47 #54657 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews

So, why not show them?

there is no reason not to show them. I just would be very happy to see something really new after such a long time. Apart from Under Siege all the other cards shown were presented one year ago.

m not on the DT, and didnt really get to playtest, but bear in mind that some cards are pretty cut amd dry, while others need tweaked.

If I understand correctly all cards for Danse Macabre were finished some time ago and were just waiting for publishing, no more playtesting and tweking is planned for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2013 18:18 #54664 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews

So, why not show them?

there is no reason not to show them. I just would be very happy to see something really new after such a long time. Apart from Under Siege all the other cards shown were presented one year ago.

So what you're saying is, you saw the cards Mike and I previewed, but you didn't bother to take pictures of them to share with everyone else. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
01 Oct 2013 19:01 #54665 by Amenophobis

Oh god, and the Unnamed too!

I really don't see how this adds anything positive to the game, beyond further beefing up super-star decks. Are these archetypes that really needed more toys?

Stanislava ftw!
Nah, PRO/CEL sucks. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
01 Oct 2013 19:45 #54666 by brettscho
Good to see these previews finally coming out. As a request, would it be possible for somebody from the design team to say a few words about each card as it gets spoiled. Like maybe about the lore behind the card, or the reasoning that went into the card's design. I know that the whole design process happened quite some time ago, but I would find a discussion of the logic behind the card to be very awesome.

Also, for those urging VEKN to release the whole set now - have patience, and allow the set to be teased out. Spoilers build anticipation and it's easier to discuss one or two cards than the whole set. We'll have the new cards soon.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, DeathInABottle

More
01 Oct 2013 22:32 #54668 by DeathInABottle
Both Stanislava and Enkidu already have several ways of multiacting. Instantaneous Transformation isn't going to radically improve their effectiveness. It helps out the unnamed quite a bit, it's true, but it's going to help Gangrel Antitribu a lot more. They're obviously the clan meant to benefit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
02 Oct 2013 02:20 #54670 by brandonsantacruz

As a request, would it be possible for somebody from the design team to say a few words about each card as it gets spoiled.

That may not be possible given that playtesters are generally prohibited from talking about playtesting for some period of time.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds