file Fantasy Flight Games announces set rotation policy

07 Nov 2014 06:58 #67287 by Ankha

if it were cleverly done, you could probably merge cam/sabbat, even without folding the anti-tribu clans into the regular ones (which is another discussion altogether). A Camarilla themed base set doesn't change the oscillating weirdness that's been all of our "base" sets. because of the anti-tribu there's a profound amount of overlap between the two by design.

I disagree. You don't build the same decks at all with a Tremere and a Tremere antitribu, a Ventrue or Ventrue antitribu, a Gangrel or Gangrel antitribu... (this is true for a clans I can think of), and when they hit the table, you tend to know what kind of deck you can expect. The only clan that might look the same is Malkavian because you tend to build bleed/stealth with both clans.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2014 07:14 #67288 by Juggernaut1981
To be honest, I think the major difference is that you see Cam and you should expect Princes. You see Sabbat and you should expect Disciplines.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
07 Nov 2014 09:21 #67291 by Ankha

To be honest, I think the major difference is that you see Cam and you should expect Princes. You see Sabbat and you should expect Disciplines.

It's one of the big differences (but Sabbat also have Eternal Vigilance, Abbot and now Under Siege) but I expect more a intercept deck from a Tremere deck, but a Nephandus or Tupdog or rush (with Utah) or Black Hand deck from a !Tremere.
Merging the two clans together would result in either stronger archetypes (Carna / Nehpandus?) if you keep cards from both clans, or in the disparition of some iconic deck if you choose not to keep the Nephandus for instance.

Prince of Paris, France

More
07 Nov 2014 09:36 #67292 by Juggernaut1981
It is quite easy to ret-con the Antitribbu stuff into a 'single clan' format.

1) Add a Sect Logo to vampires (Maybe create something for Indies or create something for Laibon) and attach it under the clan.

2) Retcon cards that should be Sabbat-only or Cam-only (for balance or thematic reasons) to include the Sect requirement.

That streamlines out a lot of things without necessarily unbalancing the clans or losing their uniqueness. It may increase the use of cards such as Into the Fire and Out of the Frypan (since a Sect change would be enough to get 'antitribbu' cards rather than a Clan Impersonation).

I might mark up a couple of demo cards like that.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
07 Nov 2014 12:02 - 07 Nov 2014 12:03 #67293 by Ankha

It is quite easy to ret-con the Antitribbu stuff into a 'single clan' format.

1) Add a Sect Logo to vampires (Maybe create something for Indies or create something for Laibon) and attach it under the clan.

2) Retcon cards that should be Sabbat-only or Cam-only (for balance or thematic reasons) to include the Sect requirement.

That streamlines out a lot of things without necessarily unbalancing the clans or losing their uniqueness. It may increase the use of cards such as Into the Fire and Out of the Frypan (since a Sect change would be enough to get 'antitribbu' cards rather than a Clan Impersonation).

I don't understand the purpose of regrouping a clan and its antitribu counterpart if you split the clan after that with sect requirements.

What is the gain?

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 07 Nov 2014 12:03 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann

More
07 Nov 2014 12:10 #67295 by Ohlmann
I agree. Let's keep the antitribus separate. they are in some case variations on the same theme, but it's pretty cool.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds