file The Metaplot Cafe

23 Sep 2018 17:35 #90726 by ReverendRevolver
We use metaplot as important parts of background and in suggesting card ideas.
The problem is, V20 was “metaplot Agnostic “ meaning that they didn't put up much dedicated meta stuff. Dread Names and Children of the Revolution were as close to Canon as possible. The V20 BH book was not directly Canon, but “possible” since the True Hand allegedly was destroyed in the last Maelstorm. (I'll cover that after my enormous dump of metaplot)
Trouble is, V5 drastically alters metaplot with nearly no information on WTF happened. Paradox was involved with BJD to make it all one official Canon metaplot. So, metaplot is currently:
BJD
V5
Sourcebooks confirmed to be Canon by the 2.
Parts of the previous 2+decades worth of material that are confirmed on part but not while by those 2 sources to be Canon, or parts not refuted.

That means there's some retcon.

It means I'll string out evidence about if the 6th Great Maelstorm happened or not after the big parts.

I'll try to make all this hide under spoiler tags. If you want more complete stuff, buy the books. Most of this content has been up on the WoD Wiki, albeit not 100% accurate to the books.

Lastly, I'll post mechanics later. Big changes. The only “metaplot “ related (potentially related) but is Malkavians have Dominate again in V5. No story why or how though. (Obviously, Dominate will appear more useful than Dementation in V5 environment. But they pretend Dementation is just part of dominate. )
Anyway:
Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2018 17:37 #90727 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic The Metaplot Cafe
BJD pt1-15
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beckett

More
23 Sep 2018 17:39 #90728 by ReverendRevolver
BJD pt16-25

More
23 Sep 2018 17:42 - 02 Oct 2018 21:15 #90729 by ReverendRevolver
BJD pt26-end

V5 metaplot
Last edit: 02 Oct 2018 21:15 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas, self biased, ulph, Beckett

More
30 Oct 2018 15:04 #91598 by Beckett
Replied by Beckett on topic The Metaplot Cafe
Since this is about card ideas as well, I reckon it's time to bring Jeanette "Tourette" Voerman, one of my favourite Malkavians ever, as a proper card :) The Baron of Santa Monica was also known as Therese and suffered from a severe bipolar personality disorder among other problems.
What are your favourites?

"Life's a splendid thing to indulge in... Pity we're dead."
-Beckett

More
30 Oct 2018 15:28 #91601 by ReverendRevolver

Since this is about card ideas as well, I reckon it's time to bring Jeanette "Tourette" Voerman, one of my favourite Malkavians ever, as a proper card :) The Baron of Santa Monica was also known as Therese and suffered from a severe bipolar personality disorder among other problems.
What are your favourites?

I just want the quote from Nines Rodriguez on a card where the PC asks what happened to Sevens and Eights.

Gary would make a superb candidate for something Nosferatu with neat special. But he wasn't name dropped. Jeanette and Ocean View hotel's inclusion is grounds for an awesome sourcebook this edition though, IMO.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds