file Traveller Card Game Digitized

01 Dec 2018 16:08 #92179 by elotar

As a person who lives far away from any community Magic Online has been an absurd tool for me to jam games without having to wait more than a couple of minutes. From my home.

Sad story.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2018 19:20 #92183 by LivesByProxy
I like digital card games very much. There are unique pros and cons to them, notably:

*You can errata digital cards and have it apply to everyone's collection with updates and patches.
*They have impressive artwork (usually) without being graphically intense. (There's limited animation work and you don't have to worry about FPS, generally.)
*As mentioned, you can play online with friends over huge distances - no need to drive an hour or two just to play.
*You don't have to worry about manufacturing and distributing a material product.

The major con IMO is that you don't get to see the players you are playing with. Face-to-face interaction with real human beings is valuable. Something is lost there in the digital format.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
02 Dec 2018 06:57 #92191 by elotar
LBP, you should not compare digital CG with paper ones, you should compare them with other digital games ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
03 Dec 2018 00:30 #92201 by LivesByProxy
The category for digital games is broad though. Do you mean digital card games? If so, I would agree with you, most digital card games are rather lack-luster, most being watered-down clones of Magic. Which is odd, given the flexibility a PC provides, designers could get very creative with how cards are manipulated and even the ways they appear.

Hearthstone, for example, is not great IMO because the only significant way it uses the player's PC is to randomize effects, but many of these effects can be replicated with physical components.

Looking at Traveller, the digital format lets people play across huge distances, but I'm not sure it really takes advantage of the medium.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
03 Dec 2018 06:02 #92208 by brandonsantacruz
I'm sorry that your thread has been jacked by bullshit Ian. Good luck with the Traveler game!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds