file Can't create constructed events on VEKN

11 Jul 2018 01:07 #88748 by Charles_Bronson
Good evening.

While i'm no longer a prince, i'm returning to activity and i'll be hosting a event with two and maybe three VTES tourneaments. But I noticed something very strange about the "creat an event".

I can't creat constructed events. Only "demo", launch parties and unsanctioned events open.

Why? In the entire tourneament rules (www.vekn.net/tournament-rules) there is simply no requirement for an organizer to be a prince, or anything. I thought I would only need my VEKN ID.

Why exactly can't VEKN players organize VEKN events without being registered as a prince?

thanks
Alexandre Costa

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2018 07:17 - 11 Jul 2018 07:48 #88753 by Lönkka
Ask your local NC to make you a Prince again. Shouldn't be a big deal.

I mean, more events = good. right?

EDIT: Ah, you are from Brazil. You might have some weird additional hoops you need to jump to get that coveted title. Pffft! Unnecessary red tape that only leads to the problems that have recently been reported...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 11 Jul 2018 07:48 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
11 Jul 2018 14:24 #88774 by Charles_Bronson
Exaclty.

But... why only princes could make sanctioned events? In my city we already have a prince. While he's probably gonna play on those events, he is not the organizer.

I found it's strange to be asking permissions to host a tourneament. I also found strange that only one player in a city can host or "authorize" events.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
11 Jul 2018 14:49 #88775 by Ankha
It is how the VEKN works.

www.vekn.net/how-to-run-a-v-tes-tournament

If you have already a prince, you can ask him to create the calendar entry, and then organize yourself the tournament.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
13 Jul 2018 07:08 #88809 by Lönkka

I found it's strange to be asking permissions to host a tourneament. I also found strange that only one player in a city can host or "authorize" events.

I think it shouldn't be a problem if you have several Princes in one city.
As long as they do their work (=organize tournaments etc)

So instead of having two Princes of Maceió you could have one holding the original city in the title (Prince of Maceió) and the rest can use names of districts (Prince of Serraria, Prince of Jacintinho, Prince of Benedito Bentes, etc). Or at least that is my take on the subject.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KzArashi, Vlad

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
13 Jul 2018 15:21 - 13 Jul 2018 15:30 #88815 by KzArashi

I think it shouldn't be a problem if you have several Princes in one city.
As long as they do their work (=organize tournaments etc)

So instead of having two Princes of Maceió you could have one holding the original city in the title (Prince of Maceió) and the rest can use names of districts (Prince of Serraria, Prince of Jacintinho, Prince of Benedito Bentes, etc). Or at least that is my take on the subject.

I agree with Lönkka . As long as all tournament organizer do their work, I too don't see why have limits of how many organizers in a given city.

And to be honest, I believe the title thing is a bit old fashioned. I know that exists because of the relation with the World of Darkness setting. But some people takes it too seriously. They really believe to be a "Prince", and that the title give some type of power and status, above the other players.

Yes, would be great if we never needed to have such type of conversation. But even if the majority of players are rational and reasonable peoples. We will always find some jerks in every social circle.

The best would be if the tournament organizers were treated as "Tournament Organizers". Or "Certified Judges", the way happens in others games.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 13 Jul 2018 15:30 by KzArashi.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds