file Can't create constructed events on VEKN

13 Jul 2018 16:26 #88816 by Ankha

The best would be if the tournament organizers were treated as "Tournament Organizers". Or "Certified Judges", the way happens in others games.

How would this prevent people from taking the job "too seriously" and have "some type of power and status, above the other players?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2018 17:55 - 13 Jul 2018 18:13 #88819 by KzArashi

The best would be if the tournament organizers were treated as "Tournament Organizers". Or "Certified Judges", the way happens in others games.

How would this prevent people from taking the job "too seriously" and have "some type of power and status, above the other players?

Man, I really don't know the exact way that people's' minds works.

I can only elaborate hypothesis:

• May be the thing with the word "Prince" is some kind of fetish to them. Could be that they believe to be from royalty (something like a member of VTES' royal family).
  • Or could be related to a inability to separate reality from fiction. As if they really believe to be some sort of Methuselah on a secret and eternal war. And see the title as a proof of his status in Vampire's society.

• But I do know that some people (more that could be considered inoffensive), fight to the teeth for a Prince title. And use all means available to deny others (that they believe unworthy) of achieving that. Things could get even worse when such people get titles that strapolates a local sphere of influence.

So we can hope that adopting a more mundane vocabulary, that such people can see the reality more clearly.

If there is any psychologist in VTES' community, may be that he could understand better such comportamental manifestations.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
    :sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
    Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
    Youtube: Distant Shore
    Last edit: 13 Jul 2018 18:13 by KzArashi.

More
    13 Jul 2018 21:43 - 13 Jul 2018 21:44 #88824 by Ankha
    That's why you are "priest of Rio de Janeiro" ? ;)

Prince of Paris, France
    Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
    Last edit: 13 Jul 2018 21:44 by Ankha.

More
    14 Jul 2018 01:18 - 14 Jul 2018 01:32 #88829 by KzArashi

That's why you are "priest of Rio de Janeiro" ? ;)

Exactly. Is a long time joke.
    I and 2 other friend founded the VTES playground in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, back in 1998. I run several official and non-ofitial events, demonstrations and tournaments of VTES. I even administrated a VTES site and forum for many years. I was a so called Prince, too.

But I really don't care about imaginary status. So I keep supporting VTES no matter what. You can say that I spread the VTES gospel as a sort of monk, to make a metaphorical comparison...

So, the Priest thing joke. :P Is me saying to some jerks: "Really, you are a Prince? Good for you. Now, let me go there that some newbies want to learn how to play." :lol:

That's the way I think.

And to make the joke more funny, I made that cards a long time ago (the text of the cards, is saying more that you could see at first glance B) ;) ) :

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
    :sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
    Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
    Youtube: Distant Shore
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 14 Jul 2018 01:32 by KzArashi.

More
    14 Jul 2018 02:47 #88832 by Vlad

I found it's strange to be asking permissions to host a tourneament. I also found strange that only one player in a city can host or "authorize" events.

I think it shouldn't be a problem if you have several Princes in one city.
    As long as they do their work (=organize tournaments etc)

So instead of having two Princes of Maceió you could have one holding the original city in the title (Prince of Maceió) and the rest can use names of districts (Prince of Serraria, Prince of Jacintinho, Prince of Benedito Bentes, etc). Or at least that is my take on the subject.

As the French NC, I totally agree with Janne.
    We had requests like that already, and even recently in Nice.

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
    Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: KzArashi

More
    14 Jul 2018 07:58 #88834 by Lönkka

And to be honest, I believe the title thing is a bit old fashioned. I know that exists because of the relation with the World of Darkness setting. But some people takes it too seriously. They really believe to be a "Prince", and that the title give some type of power and status, above the other players.

Ditto!
    But it does sound kinda cool and certainly is appropriate for the setting of the game.

Then again, since we have Princes and Inner Circle members ain't it weird that the National Coordinators that fall in the middle are called with that mundane name and not Justicars, hmmmh?

Few years ago when I inquired about this, the reply (from... Ben? Probably not Ankha? Someone else?) was that if Justicar title was used it would be bad as it would imply power over the Princes.

Yeah, kinda described the problem right there, but don't the NC's kinda hold some power over Princes anyhow?

And what about the power of Princes over regular VEKN members? Or power of IC members over anybody else? How would the Justicar title change how the system already works?

This is certainly not an issue for me just something that tends to catch my eye... :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: KzArashi, Vlad

• Lönkka
    • Away
    • Antediluvian
    • Antediluvian
    • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
    More
    Moderators: AnkhaKraus
    Time to create page: 0.118 seconds