file I WANT TO BAN...

Poll: I want to ban... (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
26 Dec 2011 16:55 #19365 by Jeff Kuta
I WANT TO BAN... was created by Jeff Kuta
Based on drnlmza's work parsing the TWDA from 2010-2011, I thought I'd throw out another poll. Part of this idea came from ICL's comment about rotation of power among the disciplines.

I picked the first 9 cards which had some kind of requirement (discipline) to play and listed them here. The 10th (max poll size) is none of the above. Very curious what others think.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2011 17:47 #19366 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: I WANT TO BAN...
I have voted for Eye of Argus, because of all it's the one who is both off-discipline (untap for auspex), upsetting the previous balance (+2 intercept w/ inf auspex), and not strategy-enabling (after all, auspex block don't need Eye of Argus).

It's not game breaking for me, but it's the better example of poor card design of all thoses cards in my opinion. It may not need any action, it's just the one who need it the most, but still does not come over the top.

More
26 Dec 2011 18:17 #19367 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: I WANT TO BAN...

Based on drnlmza's work parsing the TWDA from 2010-2011, I thought I'd throw out another poll. Part of this idea came from ICL's comment about rotation of power among the disciplines.

I picked the first 9 cards which had some kind of requirement (discipline) to play and listed them here. The 10th (max poll size) is none of the above. Very curious what others think.

I do not like the idea of "cycling out" cards ... This is what I relate to M:tG, and it is, in my opinion, not the path V:tES should follow ...

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang, TorranceCircle, Pendargon

More
26 Dec 2011 22:14 #19374 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: I WANT TO BAN...
"None of these" should be changed to "Deep Song". I'd bet that it'd draw >50% of the votes, nowadays.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL

More
26 Dec 2011 22:34 #19376 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: I WANT TO BAN...

"None of these" should be changed to "Deep Song". I'd bet that it'd draw >50% of the votes, nowadays.

Reading my thoughts lately, huh? :)

More
27 Dec 2011 18:07 #19404 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: I WANT TO BAN...
Banning cards should be the last resort. One of the best things of V:tES is that you can still use those cards back from '94 (with just a few exceptions).

Beside that I wonder why you nominated cards like Lost in Crowds (?) or Faceless Nights (??). Entrancement is tough, but its strength is rather cornercase. Its advantage is the recent allyloaden metagame. Eyes of Argus? Good card, but not too strong to be banned. Govern and Conditioning? Are these cards really that big problem to have them banned?

Funny that those troublesome cards mentioned by many are not listed.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds