file Parity Shift poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a change to the card text and/or cost of Parity Shift? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
06 Jan 2012 06:56 #20071 by Xaddam

Tone is very poorly conveyed on forum posts. What do you mean by that?

When you're posting a single deck from a database of 1800 decks as a counter-example, and that deck is your own deck, it seems like you just want to brag about a tournament win.

Do you actually think your counter-example has any bearing on this discussion? If yes, then, I apologize for insinuating that you were simply bragging. But then there's something else wrong with your post.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 10:13 #20084 by Joscha
Parity Shift is a very discussed card indeed. But there already was a poll about Parity Shift in December. One point of making that poll was to make it needless to discuss the same card over and over again. Please take a look at that thread for any arguments so nobody has to reiterate everything said.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
06 Jan 2012 17:54 #20160 by brandonsantacruz

When you're posting a single deck from a database of 1800 decks as a counter-example, and that deck is your own deck, it seems like you just want to brag about a tournament win.

Do you actually think your counter-example has any bearing on this discussion? If yes, then, I apologize for insinuating that you were simply bragging. But then there's something else wrong with your post.

Is it wrong to be proud of a tournament win? I believe that this is the first time I've mentioned it outside of the TWD posts/my own blog. That it is a counter-example to what Izaak said makes it relevant. That it just happened makes it timely. Is it conclusive? No, but these discussions never seem to be.

Maybe Parity Shift would be a good topic for your show.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
06 Jan 2012 18:30 #20165 by Xaddam

Is it wrong to be proud of a tournament win? I believe that this is the first time I've mentioned it outside of the TWD posts/my own blog. That it is a counter-example to what Izaak said makes it relevant. That it just happened makes it timely. Is it conclusive? No, but these discussions never seem to be.

Maybe Parity Shift would be a good topic for your show.

It's fine to be proud. But this is a discussion forum, where we should discuss the topic in the OP. The TWDA is not an archive of competitive decks, it's an archive of winning decks, the two are completely different.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
06 Jan 2012 20:36 #20180 by Haze
who cares

it's true, you can win with a Sabbat votedeck playing just KRCs, but the same could be said for Camarilla decks if Parity Shift went away. then the Camarilla would still have the upper hand via better Prince tech and better Prince crypt selection (for those who care about lore/flavor/whatever), but it would be a more level playing field without the crutch card.

and yet, I'm not really sure if it's fair to compare Prince decks to Archbishop decks. everyone agrees Archbishops are weak, with g2 Lasombra being a happy exception, but the best Sabbat vote decks tend to be breed-boon. Foundation Exhibit, Power Structure, Legacy of Pander, and more recently there's been Unexpected Coalition. would removing Parity Shift mean these weenie decks suddenly rise to the top of the voting game? I doubt it, but it's hard to tell...

Somehow nobody complains about Laibon vote decks. I guess Magaji seem to do okay for themselves.

More
06 Jan 2012 21:02 #20184 by KevinM

Parity Shift is a very discussed card indeed. But there already was a poll about Parity Shift in December. One point of making that poll was to make it needless to discuss the same card over and over again. Please take a look at that thread for any arguments so nobody has to reiterate everything said.

Until you are in charge, please stop dictating to this community how they should and should not be using their sole means of communication.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds