file Fix the Malkavian Dominate Error?

Poll: Fix Malkavian Dominate Error? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
26 May 2014 22:14 #62789 by rezwits
Way back in the early start of the century, 2003-2005, I always wanted to check what would happen to the discipline spread if you made one correction to VTES, DS, and AH Malkavians, by changing their Dominate to Dementation. Finally got around to starting this petition or poll for now.

Basically this is the outcome:

The only vampires who would have identical disciplines as any other vampire would be:

(6) Ozmo <-> (5) General Perfidio Dios
Note: Group 1 Group 3 (anti) btw totally different cap and abilities
separate groups perfectly, so no problem there

(4) Roland Bishop <-> (4) Claven <-> (4) Adelaide Davis <-> (4) Beauregard Krueller
Note: Group1 Group 2 (anti) Group 3 Group 4
separate groups perfectly, so no problem there

(2) Ohanna <-> (2) Boy Toy <-> (2) Cassandra Langely, The Waif
Note Group 2 Group 2 (anti) Group 4
separate groups also, so no problem there

Let’s fix the Malkavian Dominate Error :(

Basically,

Any VTES (set 1), Dark Sovereigns or Ancient Hearts, Malkavian with Dominate,
changes it to Dementation.

And that’s all completely fixed the clan :)

True all of the fun old things you could do with mainly the Group 1 Malks can’t be done anymore, but it’s really not that big of a deal, and then you get new ideas and some of those old decks you may have wanted to put together but didn't because of that stupid discipline problem.

I have heard stories of how, it was made this way for a reason, and that they didn't want to add the additional discipline in the beginning, but who cares really. This has just always bugged the hell out of me, because every other clan is perfectly laid out spread wise, and they have so many other errata I don't what the big problem would be at this point.

I know this is crazy…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2014 04:59 #62790 by Ankha
I have no problem whatsoever with the DOM discipline in gr1 Malkavian. Changing it to DEM would not make them more interesting, but on the contrary would remove a good alternative to DEM Malkavians.
If you have a "discipline problem", just play another group. As you said, there are many comparable vampires in the other groups where DOM have been changed for DEM.

There's nothing to fix. You seem more to have a philosophical issue than a real game problem.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: rezwits

More
27 May 2014 05:01 #62791 by jamesatzephyr

I have heard stories of how, it was made this way for a reason,

The reason was that Auspex, Dominate, Obfuscate were the clan disciplines for the Camarilla Malkavians, when V:TES was created in 1994. In Second Edition Vampire: The Masquerade (published 1992), that's what the disciplines were. Later on, things changed, and the Dominate/Dementation split between the Malkavians and the Malkavian antitribu was 'resolved' with the Great Prank.

See also: group one and two Gangrel are Camarilla, but later Gangrel are mostly Independent, reflecting a WoD change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rezwits

More
27 May 2014 05:15 - 27 May 2014 06:28 #62792 by rezwits

There's nothing to fix. You seem more to have a philosophical issue than a real game problem.

So yeah somewhat 95% the case, almost strictly purity ...

But I have had designs where I wanted to put Group 2's with Group 3's and I had to have my library fitted with DOM cards for half the vampires and DEM cards for the other half, which in all honesty was lame and just felt pathetic and weak, and never played the combined groups in any decks...
Last edit: 27 May 2014 06:28 by rezwits. Reason: groups

More
27 May 2014 05:47 #62793 by Timo

So yeah somewhat 95% the case, almost strictly purity ...

But I have had designs where I wanted to put Group 2's with Group 1's and I had to have my library fitted with DOM cards for half the vampires and DEM cards for the other half, which in all honesty was lame and just felt pathetic and weak, and never played the combined groups in any decks...

I guess you mean group 2 and 3 (which is where the difference is made beetwen DOM and DEM malk.

But I would say : what the problem ?

Nohing say you HAVE to play vampires which don't go well together just because they are of the same clan.

A DEM/DOM deck is a bad idea so chose your crypt accordingly with DEM or DOM.

And as it have been said, DOM malk represent "old" malkavian...

More
27 May 2014 06:05 #62794 by alek
100% agreed with Ankha

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds