file Do you merge vampires?

Poll: Do you merge vampires? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
02 Jan 2015 07:52 #68424 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Do you merge vampires?
I think the only marged Vamp (or basic AND adv) that I've used in my decks so far has been Sébastian Goulet.

Actually, my NSFTM Celerity deck might have 1 Adv copy of Cesewayo in addition to like 3 copies of the basic version. Or maybe not...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Mar 2015 13:35 #70065 by Borrelstein
Often the merged vampire is nice to have, but usually only one of the two versions is essential for your deck, so usually I take only one.
However I like some of the new cards such as Sarassine Adv, where you really need to merge if you want to get a powerful special.

Wider View makes it actually quite doable to get merged if you are not in a hurry, and it also has other uses.
Epiphany and Gift of Experience take up card slots and may clog your hand, so you want to include some card cycling tech. For Gift of Experience, tutoring is nice but your vamp gets tapped so you do not have an action.
If you really need a fast merger you can also tutor the missing part with Recruitment, but the 2+1 pool cost makes it worse that Gift of Experience, depending on how much you would value your actions/staying untapped.

More
25 Mar 2015 17:24 #70069 by Nac
Replied by Nac on topic Re: Do you merge vampires?
I do often. I've build decks around Helena, Dominique, Alan Soverign and Petaniqua. It is a fun and quite unique mechanic and I enjoy using it as it makes crypt building quite simple but I agree on that it only helps star decks

More
25 Mar 2015 17:56 #70070 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: Do you merge vampires?

Epiphany and Gift of Experience take up card slots and may clog your hand, so you want to include some card cycling tech.

Remember that every non-Advanced crypt card is considered to be a base version, so any non-Advanced vampire can play Epiphany to cycle it, even if they don't have an Advanced version. I have a bunch of decks that involve merging vampires, and my merging package is 8x Epiphany and 2x Wider View. I've found merging to be fairly easy, with negligible hand jam.

More
22 Jun 2016 09:25 #77251 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Do you merge vampires?
Sebastian Goulet is defientily the vampire I have merged most often, others that I occasionally merge are Ramona (simply because both versions do roughly the same so might as well use one of each as support vampire in protean decks, as merged her specials are quite handy), Petaniqua, long ago Tariq, and also tried very hard to make merged Tegyrius to work, but it never really did. Kemintiri also occasionally, thats the main ones that can think of that have merged.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds