file Eternal Mask + Khobar Towers

03 Oct 2011 20:01 #11417 by Juggernaut1981
Minion X uses the Eternal Mask to put Minion Y into play.

If you toss Minion Y off the tower, LSJ has ruled that Minion X & Eternal Mask must remain in play and cannot do anything (You have to burn the Mask and Minion Y at the same time to remove the Mask, from card text)

What happens if you toss Minion X (with the Eternal Mask) off the Khobar Towers?
I assumed that with the ruling before that Minion Y would leave play when Minion X (and the Mask) leaves play.

Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar
Type: Master
Requires: Follower of Set
Cost: 2 pool
Master: unique location
Tap during your untap phase to remove a ready minion you control from the game and gain X pool, where X is the capacity of that vampire or the blood or pool cost of that ally.

Eternal Mask, The
Type: Action
Requires: Serpentis
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action.
[ser] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed.
[SER] Put this card on this vampire and move a unique vampire from any ash heap to your ready region with any amount of blood from this acting vampire. The minion with this card cannot take actions, block, play reaction cards or vote. You may burn this card and the chosen vampire during any untap phase.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2011 20:33 #11422 by Adonai
Nothing happens to Minion Y.

LSJ 02-17-2008

> Vampire A plays Eternal Mask, and targets Vampire B. On my next turn,
> I feed Vampire A to Khobar Towers, Vampire B still stays in play
> right?

Yes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
03 Oct 2011 20:37 #11423 by Pascal Bertrand

Minion X uses the Eternal Mask to put Minion Y into play.

If you toss Minion Y off the tower, LSJ has ruled that Minion X & Eternal Mask must remain in play and cannot do anything (You have to burn the Mask and Minion Y at the same time to remove the Mask, from card text)

What happens if you toss Minion X (with the Eternal Mask) off the Khobar Towers?

Vampire Y would remain in play. [LSJ 20080217] .
There is no effect that burns Y if the Eternal Mask is burned in some other way than via its built-in cardtext.

I assumed that with the ruling before that Minion Y would leave play when Minion X (and the Mask) leaves play.

Not quite.

The ruling ( [LSJ 20070927] ) works the other way around. It means the Eternal Mask and the target vampire must be in play if you want to burn *both* via Eternal Mask's cardtext.
This ruling only applies to Eternal Mask's extent. It means you can't burn *both* if one of them is missing.

More
30 Oct 2019 11:07 - 30 Oct 2019 13:10 #97624 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic Eternal Mask + Khobar Towers
Dear all,

Sorry for retreiving a quite old post but I am confused right now.

Part 1:

My last turn:
- 1 - Vampire A played superior Eternal Mask to bring Vampire B into play.
-. 2 - Vampire B got back to Asheap and Vampire A kept the mask.
- 3 - Vampire C played superior Eternal Mask to bring back Vampire B into the ready region.

My prey unlock:
- 1 - Can I burn both Eternal Mask?
- 2 - If not (which I don't understand why), can I choose to burn any one of the two of them or is there any restrictions I cannot see there?

- - -

Part 2:

May Vampire A with Martinelli's Ring play superior Eternal mask to bring Vampire B into the ready region?

I would say yes, even if the mask is burn right after Vampire B arrives into the ready region.

Name: Martinelli's Ring
Cardtype: Equipment
Unique equipment.
Cards that require Malkavian, Malkavian antitribu, Dementation [dem] or Serpentis [ser] cannot target or be placed on this minion. Burn any cards on this minion that require any of those clans or Disciplines.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 13:10 by Rémi.

More
30 Oct 2019 15:49 - 31 Oct 2019 10:24 #97626 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Eternal Mask + Khobar Towers

Part 1:

My last turn:
- 3 - Vampire C played superior Eternal Mask to bring back Vampire B into the ready region.

My prey unlock:

Yes.
No, see my next answer.

May Vampire A with Martinelli's Ring play superior Eternal mask to bring Vampire B into the ready region?

No. You can't play the EM on the vampire with the Martinelli's Ring (cardtext).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 31 Oct 2019 10:24 by Ankha.

More
30 Oct 2019 16:04 #97627 by Yomyael

Part 1:

My last turn:

My prey unlock:

Yes.

[...]

I don't get this answer. According to LSJ's ruling you have to burn both the Eternal Mask and the returned vampire simultaneously. Does this mean you burn both Eternal Masks (that have brought back the same vampire) at the same time with that vampire? I'd expect you burn 1 Eternal Mask with the vampire, and after that you can't burn the second one, since the vampire is not in play anymore.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds