heart Bauble question

28 Oct 2011 04:53 #12969 by Baaliprimogen
Well, here is a question. If the minion with Bauble burns or is sendt to topor. Do you have to burn Bauble?

Bauble
Type: Action
Requires: Vicissitude
Cost: 2 blood
+1 stealth action.
[vic] Put this card on the acting vampire. Search your library and put a non-unique, non-location equipment card on another minion you control. Do not pay the cost to equip. The vampire with this card cannot attempt actions, block or vote. You may burn this card and the chosen equipment card during your untap phase or when the minion with the chosen equipment leaves the controlled region.[VIC] As above, but you may burn this card and the chosen equipment at any time.

It clearly states may, but that may only be for the first condition...

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2011 05:17 #12970 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Bauble question
If the minion with Bauble burns, Bauble burns:
Rulebook 1.1.2 wrote:

When a card is burned or removed from the game, any counters or other cards on it are burned.

Unless the minion with Bauble also has the weapon (transfered via Nod, Heidelberg, ..), you can't burn the Bauble when the minion with Bauble is banished / ... Otherwise, you could.

More
28 Oct 2011 05:22 #12971 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Bauble question
IANPB, but I tried to dig up an older answer but I assume it is meant to be "Condition 1: You may choose..." and "Condition 2: Any time this goes to torpor..."

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
28 Oct 2011 06:20 - 28 Oct 2011 07:16 #12973 by Baaliprimogen
Replied by Baaliprimogen on topic Re: Bauble question
So you loose the weapon if the minion goes to topor/burnt/removed... Unless you burn bauble in another way (Smear Campain)

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:
Last edit: 28 Oct 2011 07:16 by Baaliprimogen. Reason: totaly wrong

More
28 Oct 2011 06:40 - 28 Oct 2011 06:47 #12974 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Bauble question
@ Juggernaut1981: I didn't get that. Conditions to be matched for burning Bauble via its text are any of:
- it is your untap phase
- the minion with the equipment leaves the controlled are
- it is anyone's untap phase (sup' Bauble only)

"Conditions" isn't a VTES word, but we can agree that, once "conditions" are fulfilled, "consequences" happen. Here, "consequences" is:
- you get to choose if you want to burn the Bauble and the equipment.

Ahh. I wrote something wrong, if you go to topor and/or burnt. Do you have to burn bba

I'm not sure who "you" is here.
Since we've covered the case where the minion with Bauble leaves the ready region, I'll assume "you" refers to the minion with the equipment retrieved via Bauble.
("goes to torpor" isn't an example of "leaves the controlled area" - I'll use "burn" below, but other examples would be "becomes contested", "is removed from play", "moved to the uncontrolled area", "moved to crypt / library" and probably a couple of others that don't come to mind right now)

So, suppose minion A plays Bauble, and retrieves equipment E and puts it on minion B.

Minion A now has a Bauble on them, minion B has E.

"Minion A burns" has been covered abouve.

"Minion B burns / leaves the controlled region" : Minion A has the possibility to burn the Bauble [*and* the equipment] per Bauble's cardtext. It's up to A.

"E burns" : then A can't burn the Bauble anymore and is stuck with it [RTR 080808] (this was a reversal of a ruling from 1997)

"Bauble burns" : Depending on if it's from Bauble's text, E burns (Bauble burns from its text) or doesn't burn. [LSJ 20090113]

I hope it's all covered here.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2011 06:47 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
28 Oct 2011 07:29 - 28 Oct 2011 07:33 #12977 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Bauble question

@ Juggernaut1981: I didn't get that. Conditions to be matched for burning Bauble via its text are any of:
- it is your untap phase
- the minion with the equipment leaves the controlled are
- it is anyone's untap phase (sup' Bauble only)

"Conditions" isn't a VTES word, but we can agree that, once "conditions" are fulfilled, "consequences" happen. Here, "consequences" is:
- you get to choose if you want to burn the Bauble and the equipment.

I was just stating that there are two ways the card could possibly be burned.

Option 1: The Methuselah may choose to burn the Bauble (and meet any requirements) -- This one is not compulsory.

Option 2: The minion with Bauble leaves the controlled region. -- This one is compulsory.

Both result in the burning of the Bauble.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 28 Oct 2011 07:33 by Juggernaut1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baaliprimogen

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds