file Time frame about cancelling cards

23 Feb 2012 18:23 #23987 by henrik

You could DI. However, since we're in the "as played" window, cards are not replaced : Rulebook section 1.6.1 , so you can replace your BM with DI and play DI.

Should be a "can't" there, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2012 18:28 #23988 by Wedge

can you play as many effects as you wish during the "as it is played" window?
For example, is the following legal?:
  • Veil of Darkness is in play.
  • You block your opponent, in the resulting combat he plays Majesty, which is that vampire's first discipline card of the turn.
  • Veil of Darkness Does not reveal a master card
  • You play Botched Move
Is that all legal?

Yes.

If Botched Move also failed to cancel the majesty, could you then DI? If so, would you draw to replace for the botched move before or after? i.e. could you draw into the DI off Botched move and then play it?

You could DI. However, since we're in the "as played" window, cards are not replaced : Rulebook section 1.6.1 , so you can replace your BM with DI and play DI.

Some effects can cancel a card "as it is played." These effects (and effects that grant the ability to play them, like Forced Awakening) are the only effects allowed during the "as played" time period of another card. Even drawing to replace cards comes after this time period.

The highlighted could be interpreted to apply to all Methuselah, I assume that is not the case?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
23 Feb 2012 18:39 #23989 by Pascal Bertrand

Should be a "can't" there, right?

Uh good catch.It should indeed have been can't. I'll edit my previous posy.
Sorry for the typo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds