file Anarch-ing Parmenides

31 Aug 2012 01:55 #35653 by js_vtes
Replied by js_vtes on topic Re: Anarch-ing Parmenides

When you influence out Parmenides, is there an opportunity to make him Anarch using, for example, Anarch Convert or Twilight Camp, before he slides over to your predator?

Twilight Camp: Yes. He's moved in play from your uncontrolled area during your influence phase.

Cool. To confirm, Twilight Camp would also work thusly if Parm is brought into play during the minion phase by Undue Influence at [qui], correct?

Undue Influence
[KMW:C]
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Chimerstry/Presence/Quietus
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready anarch. Choose a vampire in your uncontrolled region.
[chi] (D) Move 1 blood from an uncontrolled minion in any uncontrolled region to the chosen vampire.
 (D) Bleed. If the bleed is successful, put 1 blood counter on the chosen vampire.
[qui] Put 1 blood counter on the chosen vampire. If the number of counters equals or exceeds his or her capacity, move that vampire to your ready region.

Anarch Convert: No. When Parmenides is influenced out, your predator takes control of him. Then, other vampires might move to your ready region during that influence phase, but you won't be controlling Parmenides anymore.

Ah, OK. I thought I'd seen something somewhere that said everybody's technically influenced up at the same time, but the one-at-a-time sequencing makes more sense to my simple brain.

Or might one be better off just using Seattle Committee after he comes back to your control?

Seattle Committe is only usable if Parmenides didn't become an anarch, which is something that might occur during your predator's turn :)

Indeed. Though it would be a pretty benign predator that would choose to enable their prey's strategy rather than just bleeding or trying to get Parm killed somehow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2012 04:59 #35658 by Pascal Bertrand

To confirm, Twilight Camp would also work thusly if Parm is brought into play during the minion phase by Undue Influence at [qui], correct?

Indeed correct.

Ah, OK. I thought I'd seen something somewhere that said everybody's technically influenced up at the same time, but the one-at-a-time sequencing makes more sense to my simple brain.

It's also simpler to remember that you can't bypass the scarce rule by influencing out two scarce vampires in the same influence phase, hoping there would be no scarce penalty to pay.

More
31 Aug 2012 06:53 - 31 Aug 2012 06:55 #35671 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: Anarch-ing Parmenides

What happens if you "Chain of Command" Parmenides? Let's look at it in slow-mo, in two different cases:

* Case 1: Parmenides is the only guy in your Chain. He moves to your predator. Can he bleed? 99% of the time, the answer will be "no" (other cases are: someone turned him Malkavian and there's the Madness Network in play, or you are playing Malkavians and acting during your predator's turn - in these cases, he must bleed). So, since he can't bleed, CoC returns him under your crypt.

Thought so... but I was troubled by the change of controller. So you have a vampire that is out of your control but its still under influence of a card that you have played.

Does the other player have the windows to use heidelberg or similar effects?

Last edit: 31 Aug 2012 06:55 by wesile.

More
31 Aug 2012 07:24 #35676 by Pascal Bertrand

What happens if you "Chain of Command" Parmenides {alone}?

Does the other player have the windows to use heidelberg or similar effects?

Hmm, triggered vs impulse. Good question. I would tend to say No, but I need to check that one.

More
31 Aug 2012 18:04 #35698 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Anarch-ing Parmenides
I'm confused - is there any scenario where Parmenide's control is any different than:
A. Like Spirit Marionette in reverse, so yes - temporary controller can use Heidelberg Castle.
B. Longer than A so there's even more time to use it.

If your question is about using it yourself, thus during the resolution of an action, I would say you can't.

Good one Eliseu.
You're getting people confused. In a good way, I guess. :woohoo:

Tiago

More
31 Aug 2012 18:21 - 31 Aug 2012 18:22 #35699 by Boris The Blade
The same question can also arise with Rabbat, and in that case the situation is a bit simpler since only one player is involved.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2012 18:22 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds