times Diablerie action

03 Apr 2013 07:17 #46516 by AriusZet
Replied by AriusZet on topic Re: Diablerie action

No, unless the action that was blocked was a diablerie action. But even in that case, you can't play Rebirth because it was then an unsuccessful diablerie action (it was blocked).

Just to be sure, can I use a hand strike, Form of mist to continue action, disarm + amaranth to diablerize the blocker ?

If I do that, I still cannot use Rebirth because the action is neither successful nor unsuccesful yet, right ?

according to the statements above, no, since the action wasn't a dieblerie action to begin with.

But still, you can use "Gangrel conspiracy" for example to cancel the blood hunt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2013 08:50 #46523 by Pascal Bertrand

made me thinking.

If i have a red list minion, and one of my other minions is performing a diablerie action, can my other(the red list) minion plays rebirth in favor of the diablerist? (like when he helps the other vampire with cloak the gathering, philip, etc) (the redlist guy also untaps)

"Only usable when a diablerie action is successful". Can i even help a vampire controlled by other metuselah?

No. Action modifiers can only be played by the acting minion.
Rulebook 1.6.3.2 wrote:

Action modifier cards: The acting minion can play these cards to modify his action.

But, yes, you could play Gangrel Conspiracy.

More
03 Apr 2013 08:57 #46524 by Pascal Bertrand

No, unless the action that was blocked was a diablerie action. But even in that case, you can't play Rebirth because it was then an unsuccessful diablerie action (it was blocked).

Just to be sure, can I use a hand strike, Form of mist to continue action, disarm + amaranth to diablerize the blocker ?

Yes, you could do that. The action wouldn't continue, though.
That's one of LSJ's "weird" rulings.

General Rulings wrote:

Performing diablerie (via Amaranth) at the end of the combat that is ended by a "combat ends and the action continues as if unblocked" effect will nullify the "continue action" part. [LSJ 19980819]

If I do that, I still cannot use Rebirth because the action is neither successful nor unsuccesful yet, right ?

Well, the action is over after the combat, and considered blocked (and unsuccessful). Diablerie in combat basically "terminates" the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds