file Lunatic Eruption + untap

03 Apr 2013 07:04 #46514 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Lunatic Eruption + untap

But since he/she has a mandatory action, and he/she already attempted that action, and still have some blood (so he/she don't have to hunt, he/she cannot attempt any more actions, the vampire is stuck

Am i right?

Nope.
Since that vampire already attempted all of his/hers mandatory actions that turn, she's free to do what she pleases with any remaining actions she might have...

That is like saying that an empty vamp with Rutor's Hand cannot use his second action, once he hunted and untapped, since ha doesn't have any mandatory actions 'pending'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AriusZet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2013 08:46 #46522 by Pascal Bertrand

Name: Lunatic Eruption
[SW:R, Third:R]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
Discipline: Dementation
[dem] (D) Put this card on any ready minion. During his or her minion phase, the minion with this card must enter combat with a ready minion controlled by his or her prey as a (D) action (unless the minion must hunt). Any minion may burn this card as an action.
[DEM] As above, and the minion taking the action to burn this card takes 1 unpreventable damage when this card is burned.
Artist: Steve Prescott

Is the 'rush' action provided by the card an on going effect or once per turn thingie? What happens if vampire untaps (freak drive etc.) after Lunatic Eruption's mandatory enter combat action?

1. It's once per turn, do what you like.
2. On going effect, rush again.
3. Something else?

The action to enter combat is provided by the Lunatic Eruption indeed.
Regardless of the "during" keyword on it, it is an action provided by a card in play, and, as any card in play, it follows the rules on cards in play:

Rulebook 6.1.6 wrote:

A minion cannot perform each action via the same card in play (including from the minion's own card text) more than once each turn, even if he untaps.

Similarly, Enkidu cannot use his built-in enter combat ability, untap (Freak Drive), and re-use it. Same for Haven Uncovered (and Freak Drive).

Isn't lunatic eruption a mandatory action?

I think that since it's mandatory action (unless the vampire must hunt, you have to attempt an attack.

Correct. "Must" implies the action is mandatory.

edit: you cannot burn that card with an other vampire of yours first, since mandatory actions are going first. If i interpret the rules correctly

Correct.

After the attempt to enter combat, the vampire with lunatic eruption uses freak drive / helicopter etc to untap.

But since he/she has a mandatory action, and he/she already attempted that action, and still have some blood (so he/she don't have to hunt, he/she cannot attempt any more actions, the vampire is stuck

Am i right?

No. Once the vampire has performed the mandatory action, he is no longer bound to doing it, and can hunt, bleed, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AriusZet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds