file Reconfirm - Heroic Might (the 2R) and Increased Strength

12 Apr 2013 06:56 #46863 by Lech
I think it require potence therefore deal 4 when combined with increased strength even if the vampire does not have potence anymore. It's strike granted by card that require potence which deal damage.

The strike does not come from the table, it comes from card requiring potence, Klaus.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2013 15:39 - 12 Apr 2013 15:41 #46874 by Izaak
If you can use the strike without having potence, then it's clearly not a strike requiring potence. Because, ya know, if it was, then you would need to have potence to use it.

It's not rocket science.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2013 15:41 by Izaak.

More
12 Apr 2013 16:44 #46875 by blackday
For the sake of argument, I agree with Izaak that it shouldn't be the case but I guess if LSJ ruled it, and Pascal doesnt want to change it. Then thats it, I guess we all have to deal with the fact that heroic might's 2R damage would be enhanced by increased strength.

More
12 Apr 2013 16:53 #46876 by Klaital
And if you don't have potence anymore... how are you playing increased strength in the first place?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
12 Apr 2013 17:09 #46878 by blackday
Nobody said about him not having potence. That was in the old discussion, if a weenie had superior potence from say a hand of conrad or something and lost it. Izaak and I are not referring to that specific scenario. It is a vamp with superior potence having heroic might already, and playing increased strength to augment his 2R damage.

More
12 Apr 2013 17:30 #46879 by Molloy

Does anyone think this combo has been widely and abusively misused?

Is this relevant?

I just remember this gem of a thread where Scott made this nonsensical ruling and nobody -including himself- could explain why this specific card works different than basically every other card in the game.

You are madly mistaken. LSJ's explanation at the link is absoluteley clear and consistent.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds