file Declared Effects as Public Information

02 May 2013 15:39 - 02 May 2013 15:42 #48098 by Charles_Bronson

Thank you, but I think the rulebook should be more clear in this point, and extend the rule of 6.2.1 to all cards and effects, not only "action".

Fully declaring cards is already in the rulebook.

1.6.1.1: "The player completely declares the effect of the card when it is played."

In general, other effects follow the same rules as playing cards (except where that obviously can't work, like you don't put Wynn in limbo when using his built-in action) - they're both just sources of an effect. It wouldn't hurt to make that clearer, but dozens of rulings have been issued confirming this over the years.

Excellent, that was I looking for. Thank you.

But in fact there are still margin for error - and this should be updated. Erciyes fragments can be used in the table - not just played from your hand.

There are people who would argue what is not in the rulebook, in the FAQ/CLARIFICATIONS/ERRATA, and not written in the card should'nt be enforced.

I still have to found a Erciyes Fragment LSJ or pascal specific ruling. We do lack an official answer in this specific topic.

check:
www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/6-rules-questions/48007-wider-view-or-qare-out-of-game-cards-public-knowledgeq#48073

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 02 May 2013 15:42 by Charles_Bronson. Reason: typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2013 18:08 - 02 May 2013 18:11 #48105 by jamesatzephyr

There are people who would argue what is not in the rulebook, in the FAQ/CLARIFICATIONS/ERRATA, and not written in the card should'nt be enforced.

Those people are clearly morons. A new question comes up? Oops, the answer isn't written anywhere yet because the question has never come up before, so the answer is unenforcable.

Please, don't encourage morons to be morons.

I still have to found a Erciyes Fragment LSJ or pascal specific ruling. We do lack an official answer in this specific topic.

It wouldn't be enforcable, since it's not in the list of places you have enumerated.

But also, choosing cards in your ash heap has already been explained, as provided already. So you have your answer.
Last edit: 02 May 2013 18:11 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis, Charles_Bronson

More
13 May 2013 09:07 #48458 by Pascal Bertrand
If an answer to the orignal question was still needed, it would be "Yes, the name of card you move from the ash heap to Erciyes Fragments is public information when the card is moved."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
13 May 2013 11:58 #48469 by Joscha

1.6.1.1: "The player completely declares the effect of the card when it is played."

And, although a bit off topic but important and often ignored, you have to announce a card fully BEFORE replacing it. And yes that is a big difference more often than not.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
13 May 2013 12:22 #48470 by Charles_Bronson
Thanks very much for the answer.

And yeah, I get REALLY annoyed by people who play govern, replace and then choose the action.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
14 May 2013 08:49 #48493 by KevinM
Make the player put the drawn card back onto their library, then reshuffle, then fully declare the action, then replace.

Don't get mad, get even.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson, Vlad

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds