file Dual Form question

06 May 2013 16:32 #48265 by jamesatzephyr

I didn't say that editing the card is vital (frankly I can't give much of a damn) BUT if you are going to say that either Dual Form needs a change or "Sterile" needs a change I'd advocate you change the card and leave the rule alone (since its the only time a problem with the Sterile Rule has come up).

There's no actual problem as the rule is very simple - a vampire gets put in play, so a sterile vampire can't do it.

From the "real world" WoD point of view, this isn't the only problem with sterility.

- A sterile vampire can't take the final action that summons the Great Beast (either the final "move a counter" action if there is one, or the initial play of the card if the vampire is an 11+ cap). In WoD terms, this is a summoning ritual, not an embrace.

- A sterile vampire can't play Chain of Command (because it puts vampires in play). In WoD terms, you're dominating younger vampires (hence the Dominate), not embracing them.

- Sterile Ahrimanes vampires can play Blood Bond. Their oWoD weakness involves not being able to embrace new vampires or create Blood Bonds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2013 19:18 #48271 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: Dual Form question
Just checking...

If one of the "Dual Formed" leave the ready region the other burns... that includes banishment, remove from game or other similar effects... Right?

More
06 May 2013 19:50 #48273 by jamesatzephyr

If one of the "Dual Formed" leave the ready region the other burns... that includes banishment, remove from game or other similar effects... Right?

If you're no long in the ready region, you've left the ready region, triggering Dual Form's text. There are explicit rulings including:

- going to torpor
- being burned (often because people chained Dual Form's together, and you get a domino effect of vampires being burned, triggering the next Dual Form)
- Banishment
- Social Ladder (remove from the game)

There are threads discussing leaving play via Descent into Darkness or Reality, where no-one is told that doesn't work. (Which seems reasonable.)

I can't find an explicit ruling discussing what happens if the unique vampire is contested, but since a contested vampire is no longer in the ready region, that should trigger it too.

More
07 May 2013 05:02 #48286 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Dual Form question

I can't find an explicit ruling discussing what happens if the unique vampire is contested, but since a contested vampire is no longer in the ready region, that should trigger it too.

There's no need for a ruling. As long as the vampire is no longer in the ready region, the other "Form" burns.
Is a vampire still in ready region when it is contested? No.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds