file about agravated+normal damage

17 May 2013 10:33 #48625 by galliard
hello
i was sure that when you have zero blood, you burn if you take 1 normal and 1 aggro damage. it doesnt have to be 2 aggro. thats how i interpret rulebook

how is it? my opponent had 1 blood and he got 2r from carrion crows and 1hs aggravated and said he dont burn. i will quote a line that makes me think he was wrong

Aggravated damage done to a wounded vampire can burn the vampire outright. A wounded vampire is one that has taken damage that he failed to heal or one that is in torpor or on his way to torpor.

i won that game anyways so we didnt argue much, but its important to know this for future
regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2013 10:43 - 17 May 2013 10:43 #48627 by Reyda

how is it? my opponent had 1 blood and he got 2r from carrion crows and 1hs aggravated and said he dont burn.

he is wrong.
the vamp should burn. here's what happens :
the vamp has 1 blood. He has to handle 2 normal damage and 1 agg damage.
the first damage makes him lose one blood, and the second, since he cannot heal it (no blood left), sends him to torpor. the agg damage comes on top of that : since the vamp is already on way to torpor, the agg damage requires him to burn a blood to prevent destruction. He has no blood left, so he is burned on his way to torpor.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 17 May 2013 10:43 by Reyda.

More
17 May 2013 10:58 #48628 by Ankha
See also the rulebook where this example is covered:

If both regular damage and aggravated damage are successfully inflicted on a vampire at the same time, the regular damage is handled first. This only applies to unprevented damage; damage prevention effects can be used to prevent the aggravated damage before the normal damage, if the player chooses. If a vampire is wounded, he goes to torpor after all the damage is handled (see Torpor, sec. 6.5). If aggravated damage burns him, he goes directly to the ash heap. He doesn't go through torpor first.
  • Krid is ready and has 1 blood when he receives 1 point of aggravated damage. He cannot heal this damage, so he is wounded and goes to torpor with 1 blood.
  • Milo is ready and has 2 blood when he receives 3 points of aggravated damage. He cannot heal any of it. He becomes wounded by 1 point, and so he must burn 2 blood to prevent destruction from the other 2 points (1 blood per point), leaving him empty and in torpor.
  • Barth is ready and has 1 blood when he receives 2 regular damage and 1 aggravated damage. He burns 1 blood to heal the first point of normal damage. He doesn't have enough blood to heal the second point and becomes wounded. The aggravated damage burns him, since he already is wounded and cannot burn a blood to prevent his destruction.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 May 2013 11:36 #48630 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers from Reyda and Ankha.

Normal damage is handled before aggravated damage during damage resolution.

More
17 May 2013 13:18 #48634 by ReverendRevolver
The forma for burning outright is 2 or more agg at zero, and add in damage from there at a 1 per blood basis.

More
17 May 2013 13:28 #48635 by blackday
just do the simple math of x+2 damage as long as 1 pt is aggravated(eg. 7blood on a vamp gets burned if he takes 9 damage and so long as one of those is aggravated). For the sample above 7 damage puts him to zero blood, 8th torpors him already the last aggravated point of damage burns him.
So in the scenario you cited Galliard you definitely burned that vamp.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds